Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child with psoriasis
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 8:56 pm
Please please post you're tried and true methods for dealing with psoriasis in a child....its on and around her scalp and on her back and trunk area (though it looks diff then the dried out patches on her scalp, more like angry red blotches) I'm desperate! hate hate the idea of applying the medicated ointments (aka steroids). though we've tried and it barely makes a dent Crying
I just came across "soothe" by rodan and fields which is supposed to work like magic. has anyone tried it? pretty steep price tag for the regimen (they have special shampoos too)

naomi2

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:17 pm
Maybe try cutting out inflammatory foods from her diet?

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:24 pm
I have psoriasis for years and have had times where my scalp was very itchy.

My dermatologist recommended using shampoos that are marketed for psoriasis or even for dandruff, but to keep switching them out, because eventually your scalp gets used to it and it isn't effective anymore. I've used medicated shampoos, over the counter, cheap, expensive, you name it. The trick is that when the bottle finishes, it's time to switch brands - or at least that's what's been working for me!

Diet changes (cutting out all forms of white flour, sugar, and nightshades) also helps me control my psoriasis, but that's very very hard to impose on kids.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:30 pm
Following. My 3 yr old was diagnosed after strep. Bh it mostly went away but I know it can always flare up

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:31 pm
Not sure if this is for children but skyrize is a shot taken every few months it totally cleared up the psoriasis when nothing else helped

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:33 pm
Have you spoken with a doctor?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:40 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Maybe try cutting out inflammatory foods from her diet?

she is a very picky eater as is Sad

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:42 pm
My niece is taking shots as well- I think it’s once a month? It’s amazing!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Have you spoken with a doctor?

more than one. all they prescribe is a party of medicated ointments and diff medicated/nonmedicated shampoos. they help for a bit and then nothing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Following. My 3 yr old was diagnosed after strep. Bh it mostly went away but I know it can always flare up

how did it go away?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
My niece is taking shots as well- I think it’s once a month? It’s amazing!

how old is she? my daughter is 7

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:45 pm
I was told to try something called miracle clay for my son, but I never did. It might be worth a try.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:46 pm
I don't know. It must have been related to the strep. Also I have been working very hard at keeping his day calm and stress free
He used to throw a lot of tantrums which prob caused him stress

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:52 pm
Amother Oldlace -
Many people with psoriasis are sensitive to strep and have flare ups when/after they get strep. (The first time it happened to me I thought I might be allergic to the strep medication AKA penicillin, but turns out it's the strep itself I'm sensitive to!)

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:56 pm
That makes sense but does that mean he will always have psoriasis and it will just get worse and worse?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 9:59 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Amother Oldlace -
Many people with psoriasis are sensitive to strep and have flare ups when/after they get strep. (The first time it happened to me I thought I might be allergic to the strep medication AKA penicillin, but turns out it's the strep itself I'm sensitive to!)

Guttate psoriasis is an autoimmune reaction to strep. The immune system attacks the skin barrier instead of the strep bacteria.

[Autoimmunity to strep can cause tantrums as well. When the immune system attacks the brain instead of strep, causing behavioral symptoms.]

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:01 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Guttate psoriasis is an autoimmune reaction to strep. The immune system attacks the skin barrier instead of the strep bacteria.

[Autoimmunity to strep can cause tantrums as well. When the immune system attacks the brain instead of strep, causing behavioral symptoms.]

fascinating! how to
treat though?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:05 pm
Maybe try yehudis weinstock

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:17 pm
Have you tried Ahava Dead Sea products? They reduced my psoriasis significantly as a kid

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:20 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Maybe try yehudis weinstock

contact info? what is her mehalech?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics