Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can a child say hamapil? Might talk after

noidea

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 10:53 pm
Child having bad dreams so thinking for him to say hamapil but I've heard you shouldn't talk after ?

carnation

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 11:23 pm
I was told that children are allowed to talk after

Food

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 9:19 am
Rabbi Daniel Schwab holds that it's better to say hamapil and talk afterwards than to not say it at all

nottelling

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:07 am
I don’t know if this is right, but I teach my kids to say hamapil as soon as they are mature enough (usually around 6, depends on the kid). I teach it without the brachos at the beginning and end. This way they are learning the words and the concept but not actually saying the full thing.
When they get older I show it to them inside a siddur and explain why I taught it to them without a Bracha when they were younger.

It helps with the child who was getting dreams. As your LOR. Don’t depend on what I say.

hellob

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:44 am
I was taught that it's better to say it even if you know you will talk after rather than not say it at all.

Happy247

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:51 am
hellob wrote:
I was taught that it's better to say it even if you know you will talk after rather than not say it at all.

My dayan said the same.

holylandgirl

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:30 pm
Sefardim say it without shem Hashem and then you can talk after, so that's definitely a valid option
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions