Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Any clothing designers here?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 2:14 pm
How do you know which colors will be "in" next year? Do you have a specific website where you get that information? Are there specific shows you go to?

*Please don't tell me not to care about fashion, do whatever I like, etc. You are welcome to start a spinoff

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 4:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you know which colors will be "in" next year? Do you have a specific website where you get that information? Are there specific shows you go to?

*Please don't tell me not to care about fashion, do whatever I like, etc. You are welcome to start a spinoff

I am a designer
Google and shows are my best friends

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I am a designer

Can I ask if you're qualified? I'm a wannabee kidswear designer, but haven't done more than two short courses, and wondering if it's necessary in our world.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:14 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Can I ask if you're qualified? I'm a wannabee kidswear designer, but haven't done more than two short courses, and wondering if it's necessary in our world.

Qualified by whose standards?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
Qualified by whose standards?

By any I guess. Did you study design at any level, or you didn't find the need?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:31 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I am a designer

What do you google? How do you know that the information is accurate? Do you have sources you trust more than others or you just base it on if you see repetition by a few people?

For example, if google says the next color of the season is apricot crush... how do you know if that is true? how do you know if that's going to come into the jewish market, etc.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 9:34 pm
[quote="amother OP"]What do you google? How do you know that the information is accurate? Do you have sources you trust more than others or you just base it on if you see repetition by a few people?

For example, if google says the next color of the season is apricot crush... how do you know if that is true? how do you know if that's going to come into the jewish market,
Design is a talent , and a gift from God
Most stuff I design are inspiration from things( not dreses) I've seen like an embroidery vase and I'll base it off that colors
Once you're in the line u know what's in, to me it's a natural

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:56 pm
[quote="amother Indigo"]
amother OP wrote:
What do you google? How do you know that the information is accurate? Do you have sources you trust more than others or you just base it on if you see repetition by a few people?

For example, if google says the next color of the season is apricot crush... how do you know if that is true? how do you know if that's going to come into the jewish market,
Design is a talent , and a gift from God
Most stuff I design are inspiration from things( not dreses) I've seen like an embroidery vase and I'll base it off that colors
Once you're in the line u know what's in, to me it's a natural

Thank you! of course you know what's in... my question is how do you know what will be in next season...
Are there specific shows you enjoy? or do you just base it off what was in the previous season?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 7:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! of course you know what's in... my question is how do you know what will be in next season...
Are there specific shows you enjoy? or do you just base it off what was in the previous season?

To know what's in the next season is a natural to me
They're all based on inspa from shows and just looking around

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:52 am
I'm not a designer but there is something called Trend Reports. and fashion houses that do shows, are doing shows for the next year based on those trend reports. What's going to be in in the frum world is dependent on how many of the frum designers use those trend reports - and I'm sure they consider what they think the demographic they sell for would want.

Black will always be in.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:01 am
I design as well, never took a course. For me I literally have this feeling of what should be next. Fabric type, style and colors. I just want to add that theres so much more to it then just knowing style. Its not a easy business, fit is extremely important and factories hardly follow specs accurately

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:42 am
amother Valerian wrote:
I design as well, never took a course. For me I literally have this feeling of what should be next. Fabric type, style and colors. I just want to add that theres so much more to it then just knowing style. Its not a easy business, fit is extremely important and factories hardly follow specs accurately

This .

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
To know what's in the next season is a natural to me
They're all based on inspa from shows and just looking around

So what color do you predict will be in next year?
I personally would predict a bluish-plum color, but I might be totally off. curious what your opinion is on that

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 2:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I personally would predict a bluish-plum color, but I might be totally off. curious what your opinion is on that

U can Google colors of the year til 2030 probably. Each color of the pallete invites experimentation and rediscovery
In blu and plum there's a ton in between colors
And designing isn't all about color as well

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 2:33 pm
amother OP wrote:

Personally for me, each inch on the dress , how to get the perfect look yet Still be trendy and non typical , the front, the back, the Sleeves, the bodice, these are the main focus

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
Personally for me, each inch on the dress , how to get the perfect look yet Still be trendy and non typical , the front, the back, the Sleeves, the bodice, these are the main focus

I'm asking because I'm new to the field. I've only done small project before... I designed a dress and every part of it looks right. The cut is great, the seams are in the right place, the details work in sync with style and the color makes perfect sense for the dress. I'm afraid if the color is too gutsy...? How can I feel confident that people will buy the dress if no other companies sell this color next season? How much can I rely on my gut feeling and wgsn to know which color will be "in"... I wish I would know which color other companies are selling next year.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm asking because I'm new to the field. I've only done small project before... I designed a dress and every part of it looks right. The cut is great, the seams are in the right place, the details work in sync with style and the color makes perfect sense for the dress. I'm afraid if the color is too gutsy...? How can I feel confident that people will buy the dress if no other companies sell this color next season? How much can I rely on my gut feeling and wgsn to know which color will be "in"... I wish I would know which color other companies are selling next year.

That's ur confidence and marketing skills,
If you like it and people u trust feel it's decent enough then go with ur guts
It will get easier and easier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics