Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Photo development

em95

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 3:34 pm
Any refs for photo developing for professional prints ? Photographers can you share where you develop your prints ?

pinkpeonies

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 3:41 pm
em95 wrote:
Any refs for photo developing for professional prints ? Photographers can you share where you develop your prints ?

As a photographer, I just want to explain how this question feels from our end.
There are plenty of labs made for the masses
As a photographer, my labs are my vendors. Do you ask any other business where they source their products so you can go over their heads and buy direct?
As it happens, I only use specific labs that will only work with professional photographers. I have relationships with these labs. I have also spent a long time figuring out which labs I can get the best of each product (for example, one of my labs makes amazing acrylics with beautiful coloring and sharpness, but I do not like their wood prints or their canvases, so I source those from other places)
Many of my labs are located overseas. I have worked with them to match up my screen with their printers so that what you see on my screen is exactly what you will get when you print
I sell works of art. I also sell digital images. If you’re lucky enough that your photographer provided you with the digital image, then print with a lab made for the masses. But do not ask for a photographers vendor
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art