Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Blueberrys

debsargie

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:49 am
I just found blueberrys in argentina... I am sooo excited, but I dont know what to do with them now,
anyone have any ideas, any recipes, of a not too fattening dessert (or anything else) with blueberrys..
thanx

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:50 am
They are very healthy. You can put them in danishes, pies, pancakes, yogurt...or eat them plain.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:52 am
I made a tasty blueberry sauce using whole blueberries. We used it on lemon pancakes, but it would probably be good on ice cream or frozen yogurt. I also once made a lower-fat blueberry-lemon poundcake. Blueberries are considered a superfood. Enjoy.

debsargie

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:24 am
do u have the recipe for the lowfat blueberry lemon pie??? sounds yumm

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:26 am
It's a poundcake.

debsargie

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:27 am
oh woops I read wrong..
so do you have that recipe??

freidasima

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:34 am
You can just eat them as they are with yoghurt, sour cream, or plain. Gorgeous. Miss them tremendously.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:37 am
I'm so sorry, I just realized it's a blueberry-lemon banana bread. Do you still want the recipe? It's lowfat and good.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:44 am
Even if the op doesn't, I would love the recipe. Thanks, Clarissa!

Dh planted blueberry bushes in our backyard in the spring. I can't wait for the berries to ripen. Yum!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:54 am
Blueberry-Lemon Banana Bread with Cream-Cheese Glaze

2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
1/2 Cup egg substitute
1/3 Cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Pure vanilla, or Woman of Cookies will punish you
1 Cup fresh blueberries
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
Cooking spray

Glaze:
1/4 Cup (2 ounces) block-style, 1/3 less-fat cream cheese
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons water

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. To prepare the banana bread, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a whisk to combine.

3. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixture is well blended (about one minutes). Add mashed banana, egg substitute, sour cream and vanilla, beat until blended. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries and lemon rind. Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the bread 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, remove the bread from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

4. To prepare glaze, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over cooled bread. Yield: 1 loaf, 16 servings.

(I substitute eggs for the egg substitute, which substitute for eggs, if you know what I mean. I hope there's no law against that. I also use butter on the pan, also probably legal. And I tinkered with the glaze to get it just right, for my taste)

Last edited by Clarissa on Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

debsargie

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:54 am
how do u plant blueberrys??.., I would love to grow some in my back yard..
\and yeh I would love the recipe/. thanx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics