Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Photo books ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:08 am
I have years of pictures that I need to develop.

Trying to figure out the best way. I usually print the photos and put them into albums but honestly it takes forever. I don’t have time to create beautiful photo books but I noticed on Instagram an ad popped up for books that are done by the month. I’m just wondering if anyone does this or has a great , organizing system of printing, their photos before becomes overwhelming? Ty!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:40 pm
Bump

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:50 pm
Develop or print? Apparently CVS Photo Centers still develop 35mm film as well as printing digital files

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:55 pm
Both Vistaprint and Shutterfly will print books from digital files you send them.

But I'm confused. "Developing" pix means you have a roll of film that has to be chemically processed, and photos are printed from the negatives thus created. There would be little advantage to sending your prints to Vista to scan digitally and print in a book. So what do you mean exactly?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:13 pm
I do Shutterfly books once a year we have 3 for 3 different years I upload all my phone pics and I let the designers on Shutterfly create them by date. They take the best pics and they delete doubles. It's absolutely amazing. I use coupons and Dan's deals for the unlimited extra pages and pay about $12 for a 200 page book

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 3:15 pm
Is there ever a need for live printed pics? I have the same dilemma but wondering if the kids ever need pics for school projects etc what I would do..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:04 pm
zaq wrote:
Both Vistaprint and Shutterfly will print books from digital files you send them.

But I'm confused. "Developing" pix means you have a roll of film that has to be chemically processed, and photos are printed from the negatives thus created. There would be little advantage to sending your prints to Vista to scan digitally and print in a book. So what do you mean exactly?

Print
Child of the 80s here. I still think of it as developing pictures, but no they’re on my phone and need to be printed.

But I think you already surmised that …

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
I do Shutterfly books once a year we have 3 for 3 different years I upload all my phone pics and I let the designers on Shutterfly create them by date. They take the best pics and they delete doubles. It's absolutely amazing. I use coupons and Dan's deals for the unlimited extra pages and pay about $12 for a 200 page book

That’s cool. How do u do that? Is there an extra fee for that?

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:24 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

How do you get it for 12 dollars a book of 200 pages?which coupons? Do they have them all the time?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:25 pm
Yes I’ve done popsa. Saw it on Instagram add.
Chatbooks I’ve seen too but never tried. I just do Shutterfly and sometimes Mixbook

greenteaorange

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 4:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s cool. How do u do that? Is there an extra fee for that?

Not true the most pages you can do with Shutterfly is 111 pages.
The best coupon to use is the unlimited page coupon which usually comes up on holiday times.
I try the design service but I prefer to do it myself so I don’t miss anything it takes a long time
Thiugh

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Yes I’ve done popsa. Saw it on Instagram add.
Chatbooks I’ve seen too but never tried. I just do Shutterfly and sometimes Mixbook

Right, chatbook is the ad I saw.

I know if I do the book myself I will totally get lost in it and it will take hours that I don’t have. That’s why I’m looking for the easiest hassle free not too pricy way of doing this consistently

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 5:07 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
can you elaborate more on the coupons and dans deals unlimited pages?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:17 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
can you elaborate more on the coupons and dans deals unlimited pages?

Usually the code is freepages but you can’t combine with other coupons I tried

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:41 pm
I can't believe you payed 12 for 200 pages that sounds super cheap!
I recently did a 70 page for $35 on Google photos.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:56 pm
Deleted .

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:57 pm
Deleted

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:59 pm
https://I.imgur.com/ezv8gPI.jpg