Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Drying sweaters not using dryer
Previous  1  2

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:14 pm
zaq wrote:
I lay the sweater flat on a towel spread over a drying rack. You could even use a window screen or wire refrigerator or oven shelf placed across the backs of two chairs or across the bathtub. You want air circulation from above and below.

OP Make sure whatever you lay the sweater on is perfectly clean....

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 12:03 am
Sunny Days wrote:
The ladies in my bungalow colony said they got small dehumidifiers and keep them near the drying rack- apparently it reduces the drying time a lot.
Never tried it though.

I like this idea. It makes a lot of sense I see a huge difference in drying time between summer (high humidity) and winter (dry air)

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 2:22 am
Surprised no one else does this - before drying the rest of the way, I lay it out on the thickest towel available, roll it up, and squeeze out as much water as I can (not wring, just squeeze.)

THEN for more delicate sweaters I get a fresh towel and lay it out again, for others I drape over a drying rack (I try to spread over a few bars but even when I'm crowded and need to drape over one bar I don't think I've had bad results)

As life has become busier, I machine dry sweaters that aren't favorite nor expensive. They've been coming out fine, I'm just not taking chances on things I'm especially attached to.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 2:23 am
And I don't have a dehumidifier but I try to place my drying rack near a fan or air conditioner, weather permitting.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 2:28 am
Sunny Days wrote:
The ladies in my bungalow colony said they got small dehumidifiers and keep them near the drying rack- apparently it reduces the drying time a lot.
Never tried it though.

I keep the window in my laundry room open during the day. And I of course use a drying rack
I put almost nothing in the dryer so it’s essential for me
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry