Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Passports

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 5:01 am
I live in NY. Have family international flight away.
What if I’m in middle of getting baby passport and waiting for it and then I want to get it rushed (nervous that a relative living abroad will die- no real reason to think he will but he’s elderly and if he does I’ll want to fly abroad right that day)
So what happens?
How do people make passports for funeral?
Or if in middle the process- just do it emergency and that regular process stops?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:21 am
You’re American?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:27 am
Ha yes

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:29 am
You can call and ask to switch to expedited. You may have to travel to Phoenix or Connecticut to get it but you can start a regular application and switch to emergency if you have a flight

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:48 am
We applied for expedited passports for our kids a couple of months before we were planning on traveling and they didn't come in time. We had to pull some strings and it was very stressful, but we were able to get emergency passport appointments and get the passports within a day. I wouldn't recommend that route, but it's possible.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 7:12 am
amother OP wrote:
I live in NY. Have family international flight away.
What if I’m in middle of getting baby passport and waiting for it and then I want to get it rushed (nervous that a relative living abroad will die- no real reason to think he will but he’s elderly and if he does I’ll want to fly abroad right that day)
So what happens?
How do people make passports for funeral?
Or if in middle the process- just do it emergency and that regular process stops?

Do it emergency to begin with. I think once it’s in process nothing you can do.

SG18

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:11 pm
I was once able to change mine to expedited, but it was a pain- I called the Congressman's assistant, I think, and sat on hold for over 3 hours waiting to get through to the passport office. Definitely do expedited from the beginning, if you think you'll need it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics