Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Looking for a summer job in a camp

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:48 pm
Either myself or DH would love a summer job in a camp
We belong to chassidish/heimish community
Open to ideas

Hub works in chinuch all year, with yeshiva gedola. would like a position as a magid shiur/shoel u'meishiv etc for boys 15+
Has a deep understanding of chinuch and mental health

Alternatively I am open to a job
I am fun loving and energetic, have experience in running major programs
Want something not full time
My youngest is school age and have a small family so I am flexible

must include a bungalow + salary

Where to start looking?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Either myself or DH would love a summer job in a camp
We belong to chassidish/heimish community
Open to ideas

Hub works in chinuch all year, with yeshiva gedola. would like a position as a magid shiur/shoel u'meishiv etc for boys 15+
Has a deep understanding of chinuch and mental health

Alternatively I am open to a job
I am fun loving and energetic, have experience in running major programs
Want something not full time
My youngest is school age and have a small family so I am flexible

must include a bungalow + salary

Where to start looking?

I have worked in quite a few camps as a married staff member. Salaries are minimal for a camp that would be your type, as camps consider a bungalow and food, and free camp as part of your pay.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:23 pm
I’m also looking for something but have no idea where to even start looking or which places to call. Any recommendations of a Heimish colony where I can find a job which will include accommodations. TIA!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:42 pm
Me too! I'm a certified Lifegaurd and WSI
If anyone knows of something available, please let me know!

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:51 pm
Don’t expect a big salary if you’re getting a bungalow and food and camp for kids all for free. The only places that pay well are through special education agencies in camps for children with special needs, and then you have to make your own arrangements for your older kids once they age out of the on-site day camp for staff kids.

Cold calling camps is usually a good place to start. Call call call. Then call again. Call people that work there and people that know people that work there.

Your DH should network with friends in his yeshiva that have jobs like these. It’s usually through word of mouth.

Check the Yates classifieds.

Have any of you joined the WhatsApp groups for summer jobs? (The posts I’ve seen are more left leaning but it can’t hurt…)

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:55 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Me too! I'm a certified Lifegaurd and WSI
If anyone knows of something available, please let me know!

Bungalow colony will be easier to get into and you can make a nice salary while sending your kids to on-site day camp for free. In addition, private swimming lessons by a WSI before and after official pool hours start at $50/hr and can go up a lot more if you have experience.
The only drawback is having to cook your own food. For me that was a make it or break it so I opted for a camp. However no lifeguard I know in camp makes decent money.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:22 pm
Good luck, sorry to leads.
Someone last summer told me she got bungalow plus salary , I think in a modern colony .
I worked in a yeshivish colony as a Morah. Got paid $2000+tips each half, plus free day for my kid. Had to pay for my bungalow.... (= no take home pay)

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:40 am
amother Quince wrote:
Bungalow colony will be easier to get into and you can make a nice salary while sending your kids to on-site day camp for free. In addition, private swimming lessons by a WSI before and after official pool hours start at $50/hr and can go up a lot more if you have experience.
The only drawback is having to cook your own food. For me that was a make it or break it so I opted for a camp. However no lifeguard I know in camp makes decent money.

Yes, I worked in a bungalow colony last year and cooking was a pain, after a full days work....
Im looking for something better, had so many issues there unfortunately
The problem is that most bungalow colonies do not offer accommodations, and that is a must for me.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:50 am
I work in a camp..got the job originally by calling and emailing multiple camps asking if they were hiring. Learning rabbis are in demand in almost every boys camp but many don't offer accommodations. If you get a job in camp, with accommodations, but no/ minimal salary your husband can easily make $ by teaching a Learning group, private tutoring in a camp nearby.
I recommend asking anyone you know irl who works in a camp if their is hiring. Or think of which camp would make sense for you and call.
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps