Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How do I ease anxiety in my 4 year old?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 2:06 pm
It's getting out of hand

UQT

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:46 pm
Check out “what to do when you worry too much” aka the tomato book. It’s a workbook that you do one page a day with your child. I found it excellent. You can purchase on Amazon

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:48 pm
UQT wrote:
Check out “what to do when you worry too much” aka the tomato book. It’s a workbook that you do one page a day with your child. I found it excellent. You can purchase on Amazon

This is a great book, but not necessarily on the right level for all four year olds. It's more geared toward lower elementary age IMO.

Op, if it's really out of hand you may need a therapist to help you learn how to work on this with your child. There are no simple solutions, a lot depends on the context.

UQT

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:53 pm
My child did it at age 5, and it worked wonders bh. I was told by a school psychologist to start with this. 75 percent of the phone calls she gets about anxiety do not call her back after doing the workbook. We did a lot of drawing instead of writing.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:56 pm
I agree that it's great. I'm just saying, I have a four year old and I don't see her getting it. Probably some four year olds could. But it wouldn't be my first recommendation for that age.

contextual

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 8:56 pm
If you can make room in your budget, have your child evaluated by a competent therapist. They can give you a path forward.

If you can't find the money for an eval, try Daniel Siegal's books, especially the whole-brained child.
Very helpful to explain what's going on in your child's mind and how to reach them.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:40 pm
I would treat for pandas

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:42 pm
Play therapy

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Jetblack wrote: