Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why don’t chassidish women wear falls?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 11:40 am
Im yeshivish and don't wear falls.
Our school doesn't allow kodesh staff to wear falls to work.
I think it's because it looks casual or trendy.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 7:50 pm
I'm a Lubavitcher and I wear a fall since Covid. I'm just more comfortable with hair out of my face. I wear mine with a gaiter which covers the ears and payos and it's not trendy looking at all.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 7:56 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I'm a Lubavitcher and I wear a fall since Covid. I'm just more comfortable with hair out of my face. I wear mine with a gaiter which covers the ears and payos and it's not trendy looking at all.

Ok great but the general Lubavitch mehalech is not to wear a fall based on what the rebbe said.
Yes there are Lubavitchers that wear falls and tichels out of the house but those are the exception.

I think there are plenty of chassidesh ppl who are extremely trendy.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 7:57 pm
yes I understand that what I am doing is not mainstream. and anyway, being trendy doesn't bother me

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:05 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
chassidish don’t wear booties? Not true afaik

This conversation is really funny bec chasidish is literally such a big range of types. But the same type of chasidish that wont wear a fall probably wont wear booties. I dont mean rain boots I mean cute lace ups. Of course many chasidish ppl wear them, and many chasidish ppl wear falls too. I personally would wear a fall quicker then cute booties I think that would "pas" more, but my type wouldnt wear any...

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:06 pm
Lol. I’m chassidish and wear a fall with a band or hat. I wear booties and maxi skirts.

Falls with hats are extremely common, bands not as much

Booties are a non issue as are maxi skirts

This thread is a bit narrow minded…

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Lol. I’m chassidish and wear a fall with a band or hat. I wear booties and maxi skirts.

Falls with hats are extremely common, bands not as much

Booties are a non issue as are maxi skirts

This thread is a bit narrow minded…

Its just lumping 750 million types of ppl into 1 category called "chasidish". Its almost like saying "Jewish" as if everyones the same...

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 8:39 pm
So many stereotypes! So which one am I lol?
I wear a fall. I cover all of my hair. I don’t wear denim. I teach Kodesh.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 5:27 pm
I’m chasidish, in the winter I wear hat with fall or band over my shaitel , I don’t wear lace up booties as of now, cuz I go more for the tall fitted leather boots look then the bulky bootie look

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:01 pm
Full sheitel brings down lots of brachos
Why would someone want half a Bracha ?

NechaMom

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Pansy wrote:

The longer the sheitel the longer the bracha too?
I’m trying to figure out if you’re serious.
A fall doesn’t have to expose hair. The mitzva is to cover. It doesn’t matter if with a cap, scarf, paper towel, sheitel, or half sheitel half something else which is a fall.

Last edited by NechaMom on Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:10 pm
NechaMom wrote:
A fall doesn’t have to expose hair. The mitzva is to cover. It doesn’t matter if with a cap, scarf, paper towel, sheitel, or half sheitel half something else.

Obviously a sheitel had to be an expectable length. Nothing wrong with wearing a hat beanie beret on a fall. But ppl who wear a band with a fall and it exposes some hair in the front

NechaMom

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:12 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Obviously a sheitel had to be an expectable length. Nothing wrong with wearing a hat beanie beret on a fall. But ppl who wear a band with a fall and it exposes some hair in the front

I know people who do that with a regular sheitel too. And I know people who wear falls and don’t. I’m not sure why a fall equals a half bracha in your eyes.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 6:17 am
Im chassidish and wear I live the most 'modern' school which isnt even Chassidish doesnt allow mothers to wear falls, neither with a band or hat! so I have my fall sitting in the closet for now... before kids I wore it with a band or hat but no hair showing (I dont shave)...

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:14 pm
NechaMom wrote:
A fall doesn’t have to expose hair. The mitzva is to cover. It doesn’t matter if with a cap, scarf, paper towel, sheitel, or half sheitel half something else which is a fall.

I think she was just trying to explain why Chabad women don't wear falls. It's something the Lubavitcher Rebbe said, but she didn't quote the whole thing.
The Chabad Minhag is only to cover the hair with a full Sheitel, not a scarf of kerchief or hat (or paper towel) even if every hair is covered.

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:17 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Im chassidish and wear I live the most 'modern' school which isnt even Chassidish doesnt allow mothers to wear falls, neither with a band or hat! so I have my fall sitting in the closet for now... before kids I wore it with a band or hat but no hair showing (I dont shave)...

Is it because they want to enforce shaving for the mothers?

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:17 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I think she was just trying to explain why Chabad women don't wear falls. It's something the Lubavitcher Rebbe said, but she didn't quote the whole thing.
The Chabad Minhag is only to cover the hair with a full Sheitel, not a scarf of kerchief or hat (or paper towel) even if every hair is covered.

Yes!
Ty!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Pansy wrote:

Can you please source this

NechaMom

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:

Oh thank you! That’s interesting. So if the hair is fully covered by a hat and a fall sticking out behind it, it equals half a bracha? I wonder why? Anywhere I can read up on it?

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you please source this

What I was trying to say is a full sheitel brings down brachos. Not that your gonna get a half a Bracha if you wear a fall
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels