Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Passport problems. Please help!!

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 7:31 pm
I'm so frustrated! It's so hard to go through the process of making child passports. I finally accomplished that and was relieved.

Now I got a letter saying the signature from both parents aren't consistent with the photo ID . What do I do? My signature isn't the same every time, I just scribble out something. I have no idea how I signed on my ID.

It says to either resubmit a full application with all the works or submit a statement explaining the disparity in the signatures. How do I do that? What do I write? Where do I send it? Has anyone had this?

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:44 pm
Bump

advocate

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:46 pm
Maybe contact one of your US legislators for constituent assistance

scintilla

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 8:54 pm
I don't know how to help you with this, but I'm surprised it hasn't caused more issues that your signature isn't consistent. I believe the reason they put a signature on your ID is so it can be used to prove your identity. Do you have your ID with you and can come up with some reason why you signed it differently?

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:02 pm
scintilla wrote:
I don't know how to help you with this, but I'm surprised it hasn't caused more issues that your signature isn't consistent. I believe the reason they put a signature on your ID is so it can be used to prove your identity. Do you have your ID with you and can come up with some reason why you signed it differently?

I didn't sign differently on purpose I usually just scribble something it's always different. I have my ID with me.
It didn't occur to me to look at the signature on it to make sure it's the same!! I just realized this as I'm typing

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:02 pm
advocate wrote:
Maybe contact one of your US legislators for constituent assistance

Have no idea how to do that

scintilla

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:08 pm
Dumbledore wrote:
I didn't sign differently on purpose I usually just scribble something it's always different. I have my ID with me.
It didn't occur to me to look at the signature on it to make sure it's the same!! I just realized this as I'm typing

Hmm, so you have no idea what you signed on the application? It will be trickier to explain it then.

I'd try call the passport agency tomorrow and see if you can get through to someone and explain the issue. Sometimes these government agencies are murder to get a hold of an actual person though...

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:10 pm
scintilla wrote:
Hmm, so you have no idea what you signed on the application? It will be trickier to explain it then.

I'd try call the passport agency tomorrow and see if you can get through to someone and explain the issue. Sometimes these government agencies are murder to get a hold of an actual person though...

Do you know the number?

nursemomma

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:14 pm
We did passports recently and the agent actually told us to make sure the signature matches the one on our ID.
Now I know to really appreciate what he did!
I would call the passport agency and ask how to go about writing a letter. Good luck!

scintilla

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:14 pm
Dumbledore wrote:
Do you know the number?

I googled and found this: 18774872778
I'm not sure if it's the right number for what you need, was there a number on the letter?

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:17 pm
scintilla wrote:
I googled and found this: 18774872778
I'm not sure if it's the right number for what you need, was there a number on the letter?

No, no number on the letter. I see on the letter it's from the New York passport agency.

scintilla

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:27 pm
From googling it seems that it's the same number

Dumbledore

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 9:56 pm
scintilla wrote:
From googling it seems that it's the same number

Thank you for taking the time to help me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics