Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Supper ideas for first trimester

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:52 am
I can finally start looking at a frypan again, and can handle vegetarian (but my family doesn't like) and ground meat. I still can't look at chicken (typing the word makes me queasy). I tried taking out some drumsticks the other week for my family but actually ended up throwing them out, still raw, after I couldn't handle looking at them or smelling them cook. So no chicken ideas please.
I'm not a fish person in general.
So need ideas please for picky-eater-pleasing vegetarian or ground meat meals, or anything else you can think of as long as it doesn't take too much energy and does not involve chicken of any kind.
TIA!

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 7:13 am
Do you know how to roast well?

The key is enough oil, drizzled or sprayed, generous course kosher salt, around 400-425 faren.
Can roast:
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, well done to get crisp/caramelize
- Edamame, buy frozen shelled, don't over-roast or gets hard
- Frozen Greenbeans, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Salmon 425 degrees for around 18 min, must flake & not be rubbery inside, but don't over cook or goes from moist to dry quickly

Other ideas
- Lasagna with oven ready noodles, reg or the legume flour alternatives layered with sauce, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, & thin layers of summer squash & or zucc.
- Instant pots are great for large batches rice. Then add anything to it for a meal, ground beef, peas. If it contains fat ie add sautéed onions, rice dishes can freeze in batches.
- Good way to cook peas, pour frozen bag into pan. Add half to full cup water. Drizzle with oil or at least spray with oil ,add generous kosher salt, cover but poke a few little holes with knife or Toothpick. Bake 350 for 30 min to 45 maybe, until done but not dry, strain by tilting with foil cover to keep the peas in

Hope this helps. Love shortcuts & easy but yum healthy food.

Bsheah tova!

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 7:19 am
Your lucky u can eat ground meat , there’s so much to do with tht
Burgers
Tacos
Meatballs
Take a pita cut into 4. put raw meat with spices and onions in it and bake on 400 for 15 min flipping in between.
U can also do waffles , eggs, ziti, grilled cheese, oatmeal( these r the kind of things I like when preg)

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 7:19 am
If you have the cookbook dinner done, make the meat sauce pasta 9x13 recipe. Tried it this week for the first time and loved it. It’s so easy.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 7:24 am
ground beef ideas
1. taco- follow directions on taco shell package
2. meatballs and spaghetti- pour a jar of marinara sauce in pot (if you have heartburn, use tomato sauce and whatever spices agree with you). Fill empty jar or can with water and add to pot. Shape meatballs, add to pot, and turn on gas. When it starts boiling, add spaghetti (could use rice instead). Let it simmer until supper time.
3. burgers- shape meat, flavor, stick in oven.
4. pasta with meat sauce- there is a no boil pasta and meat sauce recipe somewhere on this site. I made it before but never bookmarked it. It should come up in a search.

dairy ideas
1. lasagna- see post above but don't waste money on oven ready. You could use the regular lasagna without boiling first, just be generous with the sauce.
2. baked ziti- there are many no boil ziti recipes. As different people like their ziti differently, google them and see which one agrees with you most.
3. mac and cheese- same as baked ziti, many no boil options on google.
4. pizza- buy pizza dough from freezer aisle in supermarket. Defrost, roll, put on sauce and cheese, bake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics