Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Girls clothes very short

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:53 pm
Does anyone have links for dresses (weekday and shabbos) that run a little longer? Having a very hard time finding long enough clothing for my tall elementary school daughter. Is anyone else having same issue? It seems like all the brands are making everything shorter and I tried sizing up but then it looks baggy on her... Sad

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:33 pm
Yes, this is a common issue for girls. Either you size up and possibly have it taken in so it doesn't look too big, or you try the jewish shops which may cost more, but will have the right lengths.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:37 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Yes, this is a common issue for girls. Either you size up and possibly have it taken in so it doesn't look too big, or you try the jewish shops which may cost more, but will have the right lengths.

Even the frum stores aren’t always long enough. My 4 year old has size 6 skirts and size 8 dresses that don’t hit her knees. I don’t know what I’m going to do in 2 years when I need them to cover.

URHL

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:40 pm
I find tottini runs longer...

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Even the frum stores aren’t always long enough. My 4 year old has size 6 skirts and size 8 dresses that don’t hit her knees. I don’t know what I’m going to do in 2 years when I need them to cover.

Really? That's ridiculous. I'm not very good with what brands I buy, but the ones I've bought have been okay lengths. I've also done ordering on shein or ali where I'm measuring the clothes and buying the right lengths. I specifically choose dresses with fitted waists or other more fitted styles so the fact I've sized up isn't that noticeable. And choosing maxi or midi dress length means the dress might actually be the right length.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 6:04 pm
I rarely buy dresses for this reason. I buy separates and take the skirts in at the waist.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 6:58 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Really? That's ridiculous. I'm not very good with what brands I buy, but the ones I've bought have been okay lengths. I've also done ordering on shein or ali where I'm measuring the clothes and buying the right lengths. I specifically choose dresses with fitted waists or other more fitted styles so the fact I've sized up isn't that noticeable. And choosing maxi or midi dress length means the dress might actually be the right length.

She's extremely tall and skinny. Waist of a 5 year old with the height of a 7 year old. She needs waisted dresses.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 7:09 pm
Pastel, tottini, lulu.

You can find on Amazon, ali, shein, vertbaudet midi length dresses. My kids had 2 midi dresses from vertbaudet this last summer.

My 10 year old is in size 14 cloths. She first 12 in width but 14 for length. I take it in or if the fit/style allows it it's just a bit wide.
Pastel has 2 dresses this year that run linger than any of their dresses ever had. The corduroy plaid shirt style dress runs really really long. My kid actually wears a size 12 in that.
And the fit/cut allows for it to be wide.
My kid 9yo who's usually in size 8 actually wears a 7 in that one.
They are on sale now.
I got it before the school year started ans wash, dry wear
Washes amazing, doesn't hold stains. Great quality.

Space grey company also has very good length dresses.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:43 pm
Thank you!!
When I posted originally I meant to say all the FRUM stores seem to be running very short this year (even Tottini which is my usual go-to!)
So I really appreciate any links or info for specific pieces from specific stores

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:28 pm
My DD was always very tall. I either had to find her maxi skirts/dresses or size up two sizes and then take in. The frum stores too were always way too short.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics