Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
If you currently have naki radio

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:46 pm
Does it need Wi-Fi?
What’s the difference between the more expensive version and the cheaper version (I believe it’s called solo.)

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:52 pm
Yes it needs wifi. I have the older version double one. We love it.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:56 pm
What is the monthly cost?

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:57 pm
It was life changing for us.

We have the newer model. It definitely needs WiFi.

Bedtime is so pleasant these days. It’s worth every dollar

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:58 pm
I have the old version
no monthly cost

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:59 pm
We don't pay anything over the initial cost of the naki radio device. But we don't get premium content. It works for us. I'm sure you can find the cost of premium on their website.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:59 pm
The newer version does have a monthly charge?

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
The newer version does have a monthly charge?

No.

It doesn't matter which version of the actual device you have. Once you own it there's no charge; however, if you want the premium subscription then you pay extra. We've done it both ways and it's worth buying the radio for either way that you do it.

Last edited by cozyblanket on Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:11 pm
I pay for premium. It's worth it for my kids. They get a ton of stories and naki niggun which has TONS of music.

happy mom1

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 3:19 pm
Is the 24 /6 mp3 player the same idea?

mommyhood

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:09 pm
We have it without the premium version. It was great for a while and it’s still entertaining but my kids keep hearing ads for things only available on the premium version and then they get annoyed that we’re not getting the subscription.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:13 pm
Absolute game changer for me as a mom. My kids listen every single day. Good wholesome stuff - keeps them busy in the winter. In fact I was the poster asking about pickleboy since my son is so into it.

Their customer service is amazing also. I had an issue - they immediately replaced the unit for me. No questions asked. That to me is crucial.

I'm a big fan.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Absolute game changer for me as a mom. My kids listen every single day. Good wholesome stuff - keeps them busy in the winter. In fact I was the poster asking about pickleboy since my son is so into it.

Their customer service is amazing also. I had an issue - they immediately replaced the unit for me. No questions asked. That to me is crucial.

I'm a big fan.

Yes! We had an issue with one of hours and they right away shipped out a new one free of charge!

I was blown away.

Also, I feel like it’s so important to provide kosher entertainment these days and this fills such a void for my kids that have no access to tv and stuff like that.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:54 pm
New owner here.
Does content constantly get updated? Or just what’s on there is there (unless you get premium). As another poster mentioned something about pickle boy - it supposedly continues but he said his device doesn’t?

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:57 pm
Also I have the app. I’m sorry I’m dumb but can I use that to add non premium children content?

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
New owner here.
Does content constantly get updated? Or just what’s on there is there (unless you get premium). As another poster mentioned something about pickle boy - it supposedly continues but he said his device doesn’t?

Not constantly, unless you’re referring to the podcasts. Those do get updated daily.

For kids, my kids enjoy Sammy’s Adventures which gets updated every so often. Also Naki Tale of the day has a different story every day from the premium collection. Also Scoop Kids has great content.

My kids didn’t love pickle boy so I don’t know about that.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 9:47 pm
So for kids the only way to get new content is to pay for premium?

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:17 pm
We got it for the family for chanukah. I love the variety of music when I'm cleaning or cooking. My kids are crazy over Sammy adventures and scoop kids. We just discovered the leining channel which is great for my teen son who leins in yeshiva.

We don't have it long and don't pay premium, and always find content to listen to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics