Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I fancy getting dark green velvet dining chairs..
1  2  3  Next

Grey
Green  
 87%  [ 65 ]
Other  
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 74

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:36 pm
But am I being too different ? I'm also apprehensive. Do we go with the boring grey/beige option? Or how about blue ?
They're cheap chairs from amazon, that we can finally afford. I've been saving up for dining room chairs because we're desperate for new ones.
We need 8 so really had to find something that wasn't too expensive.
Anyway I'll try to explain my room decor a bit so that you get an idea so you can advise me to either play it safe with grey or be bold, and go with a deep green colour Wink

It's a large modern through room (3 rooms together, but open plan) floor is very light grey laminate. Seforim shelf is huge but white. Nothing special. Has a big mirror in the middle with a large shelf which houses my candlesticks and some decorative items. Blinds are grey. Large mirror is white, toy cupboard is white.
Couches are a dark charcoal grey. Table is white but always covered with a black/dark grey snake type pattern leather tablecloth. Rug and couch cushions (and other decorative things are purple and grey at the moment, but I'd change the rug and cushions to green. I'm just loving green at the moment! Smile What are your thoughts please?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
But am I being too different ? I'm also apprehensive. Do we go with the boring grey/beige option?
They're cheap chairs from amazon, that we can finally afford. I've been saving up for dining room chairs because we're desperate for new ones.
Anyway I'll try to explain my room decor a bit so that you get an idea so you can advise me to either play it safe with grey or be bold, and go with a deep green colour Wink

It's a large modern through room (3 rooms together, but open plan) floor is very light grey laminate. Seforim shelf is huge but white. Nothing special. Has a big mirror in the middle with a large shelf which houses my candlesticks and some decorative items. Blinds are grey. Large mirror is white, toy cupboard is white.
Couches are a dark charcoal grey. Table is white but always covered with a black/dark grey snake type pattern leather tablecloth. Rug and couch cushions (and other decorative things are purple and grey at the moment, but I'd change the rug and cushions to green. I'm just loving green at the moment! Smile What are your thoughts please?

Why are green and grey/beige the only options?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:38 pm
How do I edit the poll? I don't think the grey option made it in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:39 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Why are green and grey/beige the only options?

What other colours do you suggest?
Brown won't go with my room decor.
Black is probably too dark for me.
What do you think? I'm just loving dark forest green colours.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:40 pm
Get what makes you happy. If you get the grey, you will forever look at them and say they are fine and justify it as a practical purchase. If you get the green, you will look at them and smile. They are not so permanent that you need to keep them forever. They are not tiles that you need to hire someone to replace them if you hate them. They are cheap chairs for Amazon. If you need to replace them in 5 years you will.

Can you post a link? I need chairs!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:40 pm
I think a rich green is gorgeous. I can't really tell from your description if it will fit your decor, but I love the idea.

scruffy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:42 pm
Go for the green! Sounds beautiful.

amother
Peony

I love green
There’s also navy, maroon

amother
OP

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CLIPO.....XJ4KC

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
But am I being too different ? I'm also apprehensive. Do we go with the boring grey/beige option?

Just my opinion: I’ve seen green velvet working especially well with gold accents, as opposed to silver or grey. So I don’t know if the couches would go especially well, but if you find accents like pillows that incorporate the various colors in the room, that might work. White could go well with green, too; depending what sort of white pcs.
What color are the chair legs? If they’re chrome/silver (or maybe even black), rather than gold-toned, then I’d say you’re good to go.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:45 pm
Green all the way!!
You should create lots of lovely memories on these cozy green chairs!
And when you don't like it anymore, you will change it.
These choices make life fun!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Just my opinion: I’ve seen green velvet working especially well with gold accents, as opposed to silver or grey. So I don’t know if the couches would go especially well, but if you find accents like pillows that incorporate the various colors in the room, that might work. White could go well with green, too; depending what sort of white pcs.
What color are the chair legs? If they’re chrome/silver (or maybe even black), rather than gold-toned, then I’d say you’re good to go.

Thanks. They're black legs, but my dream is really to change the room to a gold accent decor but it's not really feasible at this point.
We've just finished a large extension on the rest of the house (we lived in this one large room for over a year) hence why I'm probably fed up and ready for a change! Plus not to mention the wear and tear... This room was gutted and done up from scratch only 6 years ago so we're only planning to paint it at this point. And change of decorative items to make me happy!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:49 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Green all the way!!
You should create lots of lovely memories on these cozy green chairs!
And when you don't like it anymore, you will change it.
These choices make life fun!

Aw amein thanks! Exactly, I'll be happy if they last 2 years.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:53 pm
They look beautiful and are in style, go for it. I happen to love the blue but the green are nice as well.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. They're black legs, but my dream is really to change the room to a gold accent decor but it's not really feasible at this point.
We've just finished a large extension on the rest of the house (we lived in this one large room for over a year) hence why I'm probably fed up and ready for a change! Plus not to mention the wear and tear... This room was gutted and done up from scratch only 6 years ago so we're only planning to paint it at this point. And change of decorative items to make me happy!

I ordered a mini jar of gold accent paint, and used it on my bedroom furniture to accent it. You might be able to use something like that on your mirror, or door pulls, or similar ; I found it worked better on some surfaces than others.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:05 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I ordered a mini jar of gold accent paint, and used it on my bedroom furniture to accent it. You might be able to use something like that on your mirror, or door pulls, or similar ; I found it worked better on some surfaces than others.

Good idea, but we have a light grey floor, grey blinds on huge bay window, and on sliding doors on the other side. Too expensive to replace, and can't do it now. And chrome light fittings. The rest of my house is all newly decorated , and we've done gold and black accents/fittings/faucets in most rooms. Love it! Gold wasn't in 6 years ago like it is now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
They look beautiful and are in style, go for it. I happen to love the blue but the green are nice as well.

I love the blue as well, maybe I'll do a new blue colour scheme.
Can a mod add to my poll blue and grey please?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
I love navy as well, maybe I'll do a new navy colour scheme.
Can a mod add to my poll navy and grey please?

I get why you prefer green, but navy would certainly go with grays and chrome.
The trouble in my house would be keeping the chairs reasonably clean..not a chance, really.

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:29 pm
You buy what you love and will enjoy. I never care what's "in". I buy what I like. Period.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:37 pm
I love green too but ended up getting blue velvet dining chairs. Blue is an awesome color. Timeless, classic, elegant, goes with almost everything, yet it's a color, not neutral or boring. The only drawback I'm having is not being able to use dishes/flowers with other colors in it. I have to keep the tablescape neutral.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics