Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Nugget Couch Dupes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 11:11 pm
I really want to get my kids a Nugget Couch or the like for Chanukah.
Does anyone have it and can vouch for it being worth it, or have a dupe that is just as good?
I saw this dupe and I really want to love it, since there are so many more pieces. Anyone have this specific one or heard good things about it?
https://www.costco.com/.product.1731220.html

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 11:20 pm
I feel like some of those pieces would get annoying and just end up flying around everywhere. Roo and You makes them with more wedges that look more functional but I don’t know…I have the nugget

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I feel like some of those pieces would get annoying and just end up flying around everywhere. Roo and You makes them with more wedges that look more functional but I don’t know…I have the nugget

I agree with this. We have two nuggets. I don’t think all those small pieces in the Costco one are worth it. Also don’t like how they pop out of the big rectangle. For another $50 I’d say just get the nugget.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 11:47 am
Amother nugget owner here.
I think it's worth it

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 11:55 am
nugget so worth every dollar. sitting on it as I type this post.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:22 pm
Sam’s club makes a dupe that’s pretty comparable. I know someone who has it and she’s very happy with it. The zipper on one of the pieces broke early on but other than that it’s holding up great (she has 2). I have 2 nuggets and we love them.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:24 pm
Can you please share the greatness of this nugget youre all talking about? I feel left out.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:27 pm
I have a couch and I let my kids rearrange the pillows into tunnels, houses and more.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:58 pm
Those saying to just get the Nugget: it just seems like there are so few pieces in one set. Is it really worth it?

emee2

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:04 pm
I have 2 nuggets. I am very happy with them and my kids play with it most days. I think the biggest thing to check with a dupe is how dense the foam is. Like will it really hold up. I also agree with others that the little pillows won’t enhance okay very much and will just be used as projectiles. I initially bought the fort but there were so many problems I just returned it and got 2 nuggets for the same price. For me I would only consider something else if the price was significantly cheaper.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Those saying to just get the Nugget: it just seems like there are so few pieces in one set. Is it really worth it?

yes yes it really is. everyone in my house enjoys it. I sit on it most days when I watch my kids in the playroom, I even napped on it the other day. my big ones read on it. the little ones build all kind of stuff on it. my toddler loves climbing on and off it. all the neigborhood children enjoy it when they come over.

I'm not speaking for the dupes, idk, but I can say I'm happy I paid for the original.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
yes yes it really is. everyone in my house enjoys it. I sit on it most days when I watch my kids in the playroom, I even napped on it the other day. my big ones read on it. the little ones build all kind of stuff on it. my toddler loves climbing on and off it. all the neigborhood children enjoy it when they come over.

I'm not speaking for the dupes, idk, but I can say I'm happy I paid for the original.

Yes yes yes. Same here. I would get even more if I had a bigger house with a playroom. My kids make slides and tents and forts. They jump all over them and build all sort of things. And then when it’s cleaned up it’s so comfortable to sit and read on etc.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you look on the website you’ll see they have sample builds of what you can do. Also on Pinterest. Check it out. There is so much you can do even with only one.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Yes yes yes. Same here. I would get even more if I had a bigger house with a playroom. My kids make slides and tents and forts. They jump all over them and build all sort of things. And then when it’s cleaned up it’s so comfortable to sit and read on etc.

This is so cool! Is the quality practical for kid use?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 3:53 pm
Bumping this.
My kids have recently been very into taking off the couch cushions and creating forts and slides... It's driving me crazy and I'm worried for my cushions!
My 13 mo loves climbing with them and it makes me nervous from such a height. I'm trying to justify that a Nugget would be worth it for all of them and be safer (with supervision) for my baby too! And that a single Nugget would have enough pieces to create fun builds...

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:39 pm
Anyone know how the nugget and kiddie couch compare?

MuskokaLF

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:22 am
amother Steel wrote:
Anyone know how the nugget and kiddie couch compare?

Nugget made in USA and Kiddie Couch overseas if that matters to you. And I think Nugget the liners cost extra and Kiddie Couch are included.

MuskokaLF

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:23 am
amother OP wrote:
Bumping this.
My kids have recently been very into taking off the couch cushions and creating forts and slides... It's driving me crazy and I'm worried for my cushions!
My 13 mo loves climbing with them and it makes me nervous from such a height. I'm trying to justify that a Nugget would be worth it for all of them and be safer (with supervision) for my baby too! And that a single Nugget would have enough pieces to create fun builds...

Check out the Barumba. It's like a nugget but with more pieces. owner is member of the tribe too.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:46 am
I got the one from Costco for my grandkids, and they love it. It came highly recommended, and the kids play with it a lot.

Now I want to know how to get it for my grandkids in Israel. (shipping from a on is $150).
Does anyone know?

MuskokaLF

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 3:19 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I got the one from Costco for my grandkids, and they love it. It came highly recommended, and the kids play with it a lot.

Now I want to know how to get it for my grandkids in Israel. (shipping from a on is $150).
Does anyone know?

Good to know they like the Costco one. The friends I had who got that one actually returned it and said it was small and mushy. There are some brands in Australia who sell them, maybe that shipping is less?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics