Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come they behave so well in the kimpeturin place
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:09 pm
And then when you come home
BAMMM
Baby cries and needs to be held and fed ALL DAY ALL NIGHT while they nicely slept and took longer stretches in the the kimpeturin place?

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:11 pm
My babies that cried alot, cried in the kimpeturin home as well. They won't necessarily tell you if your baby is crying or not sleeping, unless they can't calm the baby down.
They also give formula, even if you ask them not to.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:15 pm
amother Plum wrote:
My babies that cried alot, cried in the kimpeturin home as well. They won't necessarily tell you if your baby is crying or not sleeping, unless they can't calm the baby down.
They also give formula, even if you ask them not to.

I checked in my baby a lot and literally had to wake this baby to feed. They kept on telling me what an angel baby is.

amother
Poppy

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I checked in my baby a lot and literally had to wake this baby to feed. They kept on telling me what an angel baby is.

With some I went away and with some not. Many babies are just sleepy the first week or two.

Also they definitely top off with formula so your baby could’ve been topped off then not wake to eat till much later or need to be woken up.

amother
Milk

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:51 pm
Babies are given forumula whether you tell them to or not

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:04 am
Never went to a kimpeturim home. But most of my babies are great the first week or two. Then bam. Growth spurt hits. Feed me feed me feed me feed me.

Also, I assume in the kimpeturim home, you're not preparing meals or doing laundry or dealing with older kids or dealing with the million things that mothers deal with (the whole reason you went there in the first place!).

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 8:25 am
Babies are very sleepy at the beginning (how long depends on what week they were born), so around the time you go home is the time they stop being sleepy and start crying more / sleeping less.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 8:34 am
My babies are the opposite - cry all the time in the hospital and don't calm down until I'm home. I think my babies are born wanting to eat more than colostrum, and aren't calm until my milk comes in.

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 8:40 am
Not mine. Found him in the swing a lot. The well behaved babies don't get swing time.

seafood

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:09 am
Do you swaddle your baby op? I continue swaddling my babies for a while the same way they do it in the k.h. This keeps them much calmer.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:21 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Babies are given forumula whether you tell them to or not

Is that really true? Is it legal? I would be livid if someone fed my baby something I told them not to.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:23 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
My babies are the opposite - cry all the time in the hospital and don't calm down until I'm home. I think my babies are born wanting to eat more than colostrum, and aren't calm until my milk comes in.
If you let them continuously suckle, are they calm?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:24 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
If you let them continuously suckle, are they calm?

Yes, which means that I get no rest because the nurses in the hospital always gets upset if I close my eyes when baby is in my hospital bed (I understand the policy, it's just really frustrating).

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:46 pm
Do they really give formula to nursing babies when the mother asks them not to? That’s horrible . I would not feel comfortable staying in a place and entrusting my baby to people who disregard my care plan. Not that there’s anything wrong with formula not even a new mother is trying to establish her milk supply, giving formula can totally wreck that

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:48 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Yes, which means that I get no rest because the nurses in the hospital always gets upset if I close my eyes when baby is in my hospital bed (I understand the policy, it's just really frustrating).
So then your babies weren't born wanting more. They are doing exactly what they were meant to, which is suck nearly all the time until the milk comes in.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
So then your babies weren't born wanting more. They are doing exactly what they were meant to, which is suck nearly all the time until the milk comes in.

So why does everyone in the hospital act like this is an anomaly?!? Even the lactation consultant always seemed stumped that my babies were continuously fussy.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 1:01 pm
The amount of time we spend on each feeding in the kimpeturin home never happens at home with other responsibilities. We make sure they burp and eat to their fill.

At home you feed, put down to take a kid to the bathroom, continue, take a break to open the door, and put them down as soon as they fall asleep to get on with our tasks….

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 1:15 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
So why does everyone in the hospital act like this is an anomaly?!? Even the lactation consultant always seemed stumped that my babies were continuously fussy.

A lot of people supplement with formula before milk comes in fully if the baby is fussy.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Because they've lost touch with our basic biology.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:15 pm
I spend as much time with my babies as I can in kimpeturn homes. And I've seen how the nurses handle the babies. And how the babies are after being sessions.

Lots of mothers don't feed their babies till they are full. They'd sit with their babies for 45 minutes and then hand them back. 5 day old babies often need to breast feed a full hour plus. One of mine would nurse for 2 hours every morning for her morning feed. Every morning. The other feeds were 40-50 minutes. But that one feed took FOREVER.
So babies aren't satiated, then the babies cry and can't settle down. After some time the nurse will give half an ounce and the baby will settle down.
If it was my baby I wouldn't want me poor tiny helpless Newbern be hungry. Would you?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics