Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How come they behave so well in the kimpeturin place
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:27 pm
It's because they got older. I was there for 3 weeks the last week baby was miserable needed more stimulation than laying in a bassinet all day.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
It's because they got older. I was there for 3 weeks the last week baby was miserable needed more stimulation than laying in a bassinet all day.

You were there for 3 weeks?! Wow

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
You were there for 3 weeks?! Wow

When I was there, there were several women there that went for 3 weeks. They were marrying off a child in the near future & their households were very busy kh, they needed the max time recuperate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Plum wrote:
When I was there, there were several women there that went for 3 weeks. They were marrying off a child in the near future & their households were very busy kh, they needed the max time recuperate.

Wow. I find that absolutely fascinating!

Wish I’d be brave enough to go for even 3 days. 3 weeks is just wow

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:51 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
Wow. I find that absolutely fascinating!

Wish I’d be brave enough to go for even 3 days. 3 weeks is just wow

When I went there was a lady that was there for 4 weeks.
She had severe complications from birth and at 3 weeks in (when I was there) she looked like a 1 week kimpeturn. These places are amazing imo.

Once after an especially difficult birth I was there for 2 weeks. It's a good place to recuperate.
Yes I cried every night cuz I was homesick and missing dh and kids (and weak and in pain and hormonal
LOL) But it was much needed.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:56 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
I spend as much time with my babies as I can in kimpeturn homes. And I've seen how the nurses handle the babies. And how the babies are after being sessions.

Lots of mothers don't feed their babies till they are full. They'd sit with their babies for 45 minutes and then hand them back. 5 day old babies often need to breast feed a full hour plus. One of mine would nurse for 2 hours every morning for her morning feed. Every morning. The other feeds were 40-50 minutes. But that one feed took FOREVER.
So babies aren't satiated, then the babies cry and can't settle down. After some time the nurse will give half an ounce and the baby will settle down.
If it was my baby I wouldn't want me poor tiny helpless Newbern be hungry. Would you?

My babies never nursed longer than 15 minutes at five days old, and they were full for a couple of hours. I believe you that your babies nurse very long, but why are you assuming that a mother feeding her baby for 45 minutes is not enough?

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:07 pm
These places have a policy to accept only up to 14 days after birth. The reason being that older babies are awake and cry more.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:24 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
I spend as much time with my babies as I can in kimpeturn homes. And I've seen how the nurses handle the babies. And how the babies are after being sessions.

Lots of mothers don't feed their babies till they are full. They'd sit with their babies for 45 minutes and then hand them back. 5 day old babies often need to breast feed a full hour plus. One of mine would nurse for 2 hours every morning for her morning feed. Every morning. The other feeds were 40-50 minutes. But that one feed took FOREVER.
So babies aren't satiated, then the babies cry and can't settle down. After some time the nurse will give half an ounce and the baby will settle down.
If it was my baby I wouldn't want me poor tiny helpless Newbern be hungry. Would you?

Of course I dont want my newborn to be hungry. I would like to be called to feed, not give half oz to an oz to "top off" baby. As a full time nursing mother, I found it difficult to maintain milk supply when they kept giving formula. I was pumping around the clock to avoid having a supply issue.

imaima

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
And then when you come home
BAMMM
Baby cries and needs to be held and fed ALL DAY ALL NIGHT while they nicely slept and took longer stretches in the the kimpeturin place?

Same experience with hospital vs home with almost every child

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:56 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

I wouldn't say most babies need to feed for an hour. My kids feed for 5-15 minutes and are done. Nothing I do will make them eat more.
If someone fed my baby formula because she decided my baby needed it, I would be livid.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:56 pm
imaima wrote:
Same experience with hospital vs home with almost every child

This is what it's like the first few days. I homebirthed and my babies are super calm and sleepy the first 2-3 days until they wake up more.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 9:58 pm
I found that I was able to eat better and drink more in the kimpeturin heim vs at home when I grabbed anything that was available. Being busy at home with other kids, laundry, supper, trying to nap when baby naps (because there's no more nurse to hand him off to) affected my ability to eat properly which in turn affects my milk and baby's satiety.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
My babies never nursed longer than 15 minutes at five days old, and they were full for a couple of hours. I believe you that your babies nurse very long, but why are you assuming that a mother feeding her baby for 45 minutes is not enough?

Oh, I'm not saying all babies need to be fed that long. But sometimes the babies would.
A lot of mothers don't come on time. Let the babies wait. And the nurses can't hold so many babies so long.
Most mothers who really do not want their babies fed formula will tell the nurse and come right back if they are called.

I would leave pumped milk and ask the nurse to write down exactly how much my babybwas given or even if it was attempted to give baby. Cuz I wanted to know.
But a lot of PP mothers don't. Understandably so. So they take the liberty at times.
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying how it is.
And even so I'd prefer my baby was fed.
After of my babies I was really not feeling good from some complications and it was hard for me to walk back and forth to the nursery. I didn't care what they fed baby as long as baby was fed. I didn't care if I had sufficient milk production. I figured I'll work on my supply after I sufficiently recovered.
And I told the nurses so. If she still looks hungry don't call me back. Supplement with thr pumped milk and if that's not enough then formula. So they did. But they'd call me if it was close to the next feed if I can come early or give a bottle....

Oftentimes mothers are busy shmoozing and not paying attention. Then after half hour or so they feel like they had the baby long enough, hand the baby back and leave. And get annoyed and reealllly take their time when they are called back. The chart says not to give formula but the nurses thinj the baby is still hungry so the next time the nurse will just give the baby a bit of formula instead of holding a crying baby for 20 minutes until the mother comes. Poor babies.

Also, not all kimpeturin places are equal. Some are severely overstuffed and some are sufficiently staffed. That also makes a huge difference.
One KH I've been to, you rarely heard babies crying. They had 6 babies per nurse plus an extra helping hand or 2. Other place had 10+ babies per nurse and there were always baby's crying. Always.

Decide what you want, what service is most important to you.
I choose the quiet nursery.....

Also re the original op, a lot depends on the gestational age of the baby.
My overdue baby was a lot less sleepy than my regular full term babies.
My baby was was almost 2 weeks early that had a crazy birth was extremely awake, interestingly. Many years later, she still is LOL

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:35 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Oh, I'm not saying all babies need to be fed that long. But sometimes the babies would.
A lot of mothers don't come on time. Let the babies wait. And the nurses can't hold so many babies so long.
Most mothers who really do not want their babies fed formula will tell the nurse and come right back if they are called.

I would leave pumped milk and ask the nurse to write down exactly how much my babybwas given or even if it was attempted to give baby. Cuz I wanted to know.
But a lot of PP mothers don't. Understandably so. So they take the liberty at times.
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying how it is.
And even so I'd prefer my baby was fed.
After of my babies I was really not feeling good from some complications and it was hard for me to walk back and forth to the nursery. I didn't care what they fed baby as long as baby was fed. I didn't care if I had sufficient milk production. I figured I'll work on my supply after I sufficiently recovered.
And I told the nurses so. If she still looks hungry don't call me back. Supplement with thr pumped milk and if that's not enough then formula. So they did. But they'd call me if it was close to the next feed if I can come early or give a bottle....

Oftentimes mothers are busy shmoozing and not paying attention. Then after half hour or so they feel like they had the baby long enough, hand the baby back and leave. And get annoyed and reealllly take their time when they are called back. The chart says not to give formula but the nurses thinj the baby is still hungry so the next time the nurse will just give the baby a bit of formula instead of holding a crying baby for 20 minutes until the mother comes. Poor babies.

Also, not all kimpeturin places are equal. Some are severely overstuffed and some are sufficiently staffed. That also makes a huge difference.
One KH I've been to, you rarely heard babies crying. They had 6 babies per nurse plus an extra helping hand or 2. Other place had 10+ babies per nurse and there were always baby's crying. Always.

Decide what you want, what service is most important to you.
I choose the quiet nursery.....

Also re the original op, a lot depends on the gestational age of the baby.
My overdue baby was a lot less sleepy than my regular full term babies.
My baby was was almost 2 weeks early that had a crazy birth was extremely awake, interestingly. Many years later, she still is LOL

You’re assuming a lot about mothers here. I went because of various extenuating circumstances but really don’t like being apart from my baby partially for this reason- the first few days I need to nurse on demand to regulate my supply, pumping triggers a terrible oversupply even in small amounts. I ended up leaving asap after shabbos (lost money for one or two days) because -

despite my clear instructions and the fact that I was constantly available- I came down for both feedings at night within a few minutes, I never asked them to bring baby to me, I always nursed for a while and held till baby was settled, when I gave back told them to please call me if the baby wakes even if soon after I’ll be right outside etc. I had a good supply bh and a strong nurser.

They still gave bottles!!! Under an ounce they officially don’t write down… but I had pumped 8 ounces (in 2 sessions) and had them in the fridge. They managed to use all of it in around 50 hours… the nurse was agitated when I (nicely! I knew there was no point in sharing my anger) asked why they would top off a baby that eats well and has a mother that was so available. She said it’s a matter of policy and that’s the system.

realsilver

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:11 am
its a hundred percent because of how they swaddle them. They wrap them into the tiniest little balls... I learnt alot of from them and my babies started behaving more once I started swaddling.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:28 am
amother OP wrote:
And then when you come home
BAMMM
Baby cries and needs to be held and fed ALL DAY ALL NIGHT while they nicely slept and took longer stretches in the the kimpeturin place?

I still think it was the food they served I had better quality milk so baby was happier

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:33 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
I still think it was the food they served I had better quality milk so baby was happier

which part, all of the salads?? the brocolli?? the heavy milchig food??

lol the nurses would say they knew what was served for supper based on how fussy the babies were LOL

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 7:03 am
Is this true for La Isha too or just Monroe and skver which are much more factory like??

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:47 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Is that really true? Is it legal? I would be livid if someone fed my baby something I told them not to.

Not really true they do warn the moms if they can’t reach them they give a little and at night when mom allows. My babies are formula fed and are not miraculously well behaved cause they got formula . People have this notion that formula babies are silent and so well behaved!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:48 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

Most day this and they sleep better!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics