Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Where oh where do the single socks go?
1  2  Next

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:42 am
I've found them in the 'usual' places like duvet covers, suitcases from the last trip and the same (non) pair in my boys closet.

But today I found a couple in an oven glove LOL

What's the most unusual place you've found them?

ETA: A sure way to find them is to buy new ones!

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:46 am
Mine disappear into thin air never to be seen again.
Even more flabbergasting a phenomenon, how do socks that I never bought show up in my laundry?!
All the aforementioned single socks sit together in the basket and are zich mechazeik while I try to shtark zich and throw them where they belong.

Last edited by Genius on Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Beingreal

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:47 am
You too? I thought it was just me!

Debbig

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:53 am
They are having a meeting with your small spoons in a secret location.

Crv26900

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:55 am
This post made me laugh out loud. Thank you all! LOL!

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:56 am
Debbig wrote:
They are having a meeting with your small spoons in a secret location.

Love this LOL LOL

And the peelers!

Last edited by Lemonade 2323 on Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 10:57 am
Crv26900 wrote:
This post made me laugh out loud. Thank you all! LOL!

It's my pleasure!

Always happy to help!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:20 am
In the fold of the gasket.
My friend has to open her washmachine to fix the pump. She found a few outside the drum!!! How they get there? Only He knows!
I have a bin. Eventually they find their pair and reunite. Usually......

SG18

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:32 am
Make sure you have pairs when you empty the laundry basket and put them straight in a mesh bag.
If you can't find the pair, leave the single sock in the basket until you find its pair.
I've never lost a sock since I started doing this!

tothepoint

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:45 am
Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn’t fit any of your containers

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 11:51 am

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:15 pm
We put them in mesh bags and they still disappear. A few times I found them in skirts and pairs of pants. How? I don’t know. I guess this is one of life’s mysteries that we will never know. 🤪

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:17 pm
To the Sock Market! (Arthur? Anyone?)

Roots

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:59 pm
Genius wrote:
Mine disappear into thin air never to be seen again.
Even more flabbergasting a phenomenon, how do socks that I never bought show up in my laundry?!
All the aforementioned single socks sit together in the basket and are zich mechazeik while I try to shtark zich and throw them where they belong.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 1:29 pm
I think all your missing socks end up in my dryer! Now if I could just figure out which one of your dryer's mine trade places to...

scintilla

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 1:54 pm
True story, one of my son's socks was missing its pair and I stuck it in his drawer and forgot about it. He only had one of this kind of sock. Recently, a FULL YEAR LATER, the other one appeared in the dryer!! I know how long it's been because I know when he last wore that size.

It's funny and all, but does anyone know the actual reason why they disappear?? I know they're small, but still. My socks disappear too and they're not that much smaller than, say, a newborn size undershirt which I've never had go missing.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:09 pm
In our previous apartment, every toy that had more than six pieces would immediately lose 10% of its pieces in some invisible portal to the Dark Side. And it wasn't because we had so many toys we couldn't keep track of them. We had only a very small fraction of the toys kids have today, which was how I knew pieces went missing immediately.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:15 pm
And now I do advertisements for coach socks. So fancy

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:20 pm
I found 2 missing socks this week.
One was missing from early summer. I was desperate for it to be worn with a specific dress. It was found in the drawer of outgrown/shabbos shoes. The drawer is opened weekly!!! Thank goodness I didn't get around to throwing the other out yet.
The other pair I found today it was in-between my son's PJ's. I took the pile out to put away the old ones. No idea how it got there. It was just sitting between the pairs.
My laundry is mainly hung to dry and I hang them in pairs. I couldn't find the pair when hanging them.
I have soo many questions.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 3:30 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
I found 2 missing socks this week.
One was missing from early summer. I was desperate for it to be worn with a specific dress. It was found in the drawer of outgrown/shabbos shoes. The drawer is opened weekly!!! Thank goodness I didn't get around to throwing the other out yet.
The other pair I found today it was in-between my son's PJ's. I took the pile out to put away the old ones. No idea how it got there. It was just sitting between the pairs.
My laundry is mainly hung to dry and I hang them in pairs. I couldn't find the pair when hanging them.
I have soo many questions.

Usually, the segulah to find a missing sock is to throw out the other half of the pair…
Glad you found it without throwing out!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry