Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Lakewood 20 yr old son seeking MARTIAL ARTS classes

Fascinated

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 4:58 pm
My son is in Lakewood in yeshiva full time and needs an outlet during his break - he loves self-defense and wants to learn in a modest environment (aka no women) - local non-Jewish places seem to have mixed classes. Does anyone know of either private instructor or classes that are male only for his age? He is quite skilled already, can't be for younger kids. TYSM!

healthymom1

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 5:28 pm
Id reach out to Motanya - I only have his wife’s number but she deals with his business. He’s Israeli teaches Krav Maga and survival skills to young boys. He might be a good fit for this ‪+1 (347) 863‑8578‬

yesery

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 6:41 pm
Paul prendergast karate try master Andrew or sense steve in Toms River

Fascinated

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 5:50 am
Thank you so much- I really appreciate the leads! He is seeking a place he can bike to or go on foot close enough to the Monmouth ave/BMG area if anyone knows? Or we can figure out Uber alternatively.

fiberones

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 8:59 pm
What style karate does he want to learn?

Yaacov Krispin teaches private only shotokan karate 917-335-6467

and Avi Devor is trying to start an adult karate class,

you can pm me if anyones husband or older son is interested in learning karate

There are others as well

Fascinated

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 7:00 am
Oh wow thank you! The other leads haven't worked out so I really appreciate it. I have been daavening all Chanukah for him to find the right outlet- it balances out other areas of life! I dont know if he has a specific type he wants- he knows some Juditzhu (?) and is very toned bH- he probably wouldnt pair well with beginners or even mid. He really wants to join the IDF after yeshiva ... I am praying this fills some of that need for the time being Wink
DO you a number for the 2nd guy? These are in main Lakewood?

Lkwdmom4

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 7:14 am
I've heard the name Rafael Schiff (legal name is Neil). He is a social worker who also does some kind of martial arts (maybe krav maga?).

fiberones

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:33 pm
Avi Devor is trying to arrange an adult karate in Toms River or Lakewood if someone will host, try calling him 718-309-9403 he teaches Shotokan traditional karate (white uniform and belts)

TRJ Academy in toms river is frum and teaches jiu jitsu 732-691-6229 (Meir Bulka) they also have womans classes with a female teacher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics