Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What to do with dry turkey roll?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 2:37 pm
I made a turkey roll for supper tonight, it was much to dry.
I still have half left what can I do with it tomorrow for supper?? something that will moisten it?

Amarante

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 2:43 pm
Turkey soup

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 2:44 pm
turkey pot pie

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 2:47 pm
I grew up eating turkey tetrazzini. I made it a bunch of times by subbing the dairy if you want to be a little creative here's a good recipe. https://www.delish.com/cooking.....cipe/

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 2:49 pm
Slather it with mustard.

SunnyDayz

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 3:26 pm
mha3484 wrote:
turkey pot pie

I was going to recommend this, or turkey salad. Chop and mix with mayo, celery, spices.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:01 am
Thanks
A recipe for turkey pot pie??

SunnyDayz

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks

I'll be honest, I don't actually have one. I tend to wing it when it comes to these things haha

The one time I made chicken pot pie, I was attempting to copy one I really liked, but didn't have easy access to.
I cooked up onions til translucent-getting golden, and added chopped carrots, chopped green beans, and some canned corn. Then I added soup stock and a little starch, corn or potato. You can add more seasoning if you're afraid of it being bland. Then add in the turkey to heat up a bit. Fill the crust and cover with dough, and bake till crust is baked through.

Ilana Tamar

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:36 am
Pulled turkey. Cut an onion or two into half moons or dice it, fry it up, add turkey and cook until it starts to shred a little. Shred the turkey, add bbq sauce or other condiment or concoction of your choice. Serve on baguettes with cole slaw.

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:41 am
Ilana Tamar wrote:
Pulled turkey. Cut an onion or two into half moons or dice it, fry it up, add turkey and cook until it starts to shred a little. Shred the turkey, add bbq sauce or other condiment or concoction of your choice. Serve on baguettes with cole slaw.

This is what we had last night...but I wasn't so fancy, I just diced the turkey while cold (so I could make it very small) then added some pasta sauce generously and baked for a bit. It was very juicy

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:54 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks

Here’s my chicken pot pie recipe, just switch to turkey

On a pot on stove sauté diced onions and minced garlic with a little oil. Add peeled small cut potatoes (I prefer yellow) and carrots. Add cut celery. Pour in some almond milk to cover about an inch of the bottom and same amount chicken broth, add salt and pepper. Cover and cook till soft on low heat, around an hour.

Add diced turkey and frozen/canned peas if you like them, and a little more almond milk and chicken broth, should be like a pasty liquid. I like to add sugar for some sweetness.

Bake one pie crust (of a two pack) in the oven until lightly browned. Take it out and add the pie filling, then cover with the raw pie crust. Cut lines on top and sprinkle some sugar, bake on 350 until top is browned.

Sorry I don’t use recipes and don’t track how much I use of things so I don’t have exact measurements of anything. Just taste it as you go along and change to your liking
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen