Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What size linens is the Jewish size 48 inch beds?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:26 am
King? Queen? Full? Ridiculous that I need to buy only from a Jewish store because the non Jewish stores don’t sell 48 inch. What do others do?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:49 am
Yup. This is the problem with that specialty size. You can use a full and just tuck in the extra if you want.

peace2

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:52 am
You can buy a fitted sheet from a frum store and then a full size duvet and duvet cover. They don't have to be exactly matching just coordinating. A lot of linen sets don't come with a fitted sheet anyhow

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:41 pm
peace2 wrote:
You can buy a fitted sheet from a frum store and then a full size duvet and duvet cover. They don't have to be exactly matching just coordinating. A lot of linen sets don't come with a fitted sheet anyhow

This. I don’t know where you are located but Ben barber linen has many color fitted sheets to choose from and they do this all the time.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:23 pm
You need a 48” fitted sheet from a Jewish store but for the duvet you can buy either twin or full. What size blanket do you have?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
King? Queen? Full? Ridiculous that I need to buy only from a Jewish store because the non Jewish stores don’t sell 48 inch. What do others do?

What do others do? But standard size mattresses. I never understood why so many buy this size.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's your choice. You're welcome to change your mattress to a standard 39" twin or 54" full.
I assume you bought a "jewish" size mattress because you appreciated that someone made a size in between for you since 39 inches was too small for you and 54 was too large for your bedroom.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:32 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
What do others do? But standard size mattresses. I never understood why so many buy this size.

Not everyone has room for bigger beds. Keep in mind Jewish couples need two beds and the standard master bedroom was made to fit one king bed (which is 2 twin beds together with no space).

happy chick

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:35 pm
Just buy full, the fitted sheet will be a bit roomy but it shouldn't come off. But then you need full size blankets as well.

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:57 pm
The issue is really only the sheet so buy any set of linen you like according to your blanket size (twin or full) then buy a separate 48” coordinating color sheet in a Jewish store.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 10:03 pm
I buy full sheets and it works fine. And twin size duvet. No need to only buy in jewish stores.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:57 pm
I have 48” mattresses and full size linen, full size blanket insert for duvet cover. Never had an issue with sheets coming off, they’re tight.
I should’ve got 54” mattresses looking back now….not sure why I did 48”!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:01 am
Thank you all!
Very helpful

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:47 am
U need what’s called a rv sheet it fits 48 beds perfectly. By size select 3/4 wich is 48”

https://www.amazon.com/Superio.....r=8-3

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:15 pm
amother Steel wrote:
U need what’s called a rv sheet it fits 48 beds perfectly. By size select 3/4 wich is 48”

https://www.amazon.com/Superio.....r=8-3

Do they also sell the bed frames?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics