Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler videos
1  2  Next

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:09 pm
Considering my previous toddlers raised during the height of Covid/zoom school, I consider it a success that my 20 month old managed to get to this age before discovering a tablet. One big difference is that while my other toddlers were happy with the "baby channels"--of Cocomelon etc which have long videos that run like an hour at a time, my current toddler's favorite thing is "davening videos" and Morah Esther, but they are much shorter and I find my baby keeps tapping elsewhere, getting out of the videos she's supposed to be watching and I've noticed other "religious material" creeping into her feed like VeggieTales or like "chabad concerts"--which she doesn't like.

Is there a platform better than youtube to keep her from navigating from her favorites?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:25 pm
If you want to subscribe to toveedo they usually have a discount Chanukah time.

Even miss Rachel after her videos other religious kids videos pop up no matter how manh times I click don’t recommend this Chanel and. It interestsed

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:48 pm
IPads have child screen lock locks. If you have an iPad they super easy to activate.
Press the home button 3x and follow the prompt. To deactivated press 3 more times and enter Passcode.
And turn off the autoplay so once a video is over, it shouldn't automatically play another.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:09 pm
I second Toveedo. its $130 a year or less if you find a special offer and theres a TON of videos. I myself enjoy it as well since they have some womens videos and music videos as well, my 6 year old and 4 year old both love it since I started subscribing 3 years ago. They are always adding on new videos. Its clean, Jewish, my kids learn so many great things, and its easy to navigate I dont have to help. 10/10 recommend and its a no brainer for me to continue the service yearly.
https://toveedo.com/

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
I second Toveedo. its $130 a year or less if you find a special offer and theres a TON of videos. I myself enjoy it as well since they have some womens videos and music videos as well, my 6 year old and 4 year old both love it since I started subscribing 3 years ago. They are always adding on new videos. Its clean, Jewish, my kids learn so many great things, and its easy to navigate I dont have to help. 10/10 recommend and its a no brainer for me to continue the service yearly.
https://toveedo.com/

$100 a year. Around Chanukah time it’s $85 a year

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:13 pm
Toveedo would be great for that age (not sure about the navigation though).
I signed up for my 3 year old. She was a little underwhelmed at first but very soon found her favorites. She loves it. The only downside for me is that I haven't been successful in downloading the app on the Amazon fire tablet. Too many complicated steps and it's not working. So for now I have it whitelisted in the amazon freetime web browser. I need to sign in for her every time she goes out of it.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:32 pm
Also recommend toveedo. I successfully got my kids off Netflix and they weren’t toddlers anymore. They complained for like a week or two but now hardly mention it anymore.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 1:34 pm
I thought toveedo was for older kids?
would it be good for my almost 3 year old?

I hate that she watches to begin with...she watches elmo, sometimes some cocomelon, teletubbies, miss rachel... and she recently started rabbi b.

she watches in the morning before playgroup

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:42 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:

I hate that she watches to begin with...she watches elmo, sometimes some cocomelon, teletubbies, miss rachel... and she recently started rabbi b.

The opposite. My teens thought it was stupid (can't blame them...)
My toddler loves it. And I'm happy to hear her learning about yomtov and middos and aleph bais. She still watches some non Jewish ones which aren't too bad (cailou, daniel tiger etc..) but I like that she has the Jewish ones too.
She loves Mendy Music, it's over 30 minutes long and she actually does the exercise along with it. It's adorable.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:58 pm
I would not let a child use yt independently at any age. The things they can click on are shocking.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:59 pm
YouTube kids does allow parents to select certain channels and the child can only access those. You can also set a timer so it automatically stops after a certain amount of time.

SG18

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:02 pm
Make a playlist of just videos you want her to watch.
(My daughter doesn't watch, but I do this with her song playlist)

SuperWify

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:04 pm
My toddler doesn’t like Toveedo. My older one likes it but there’s not enough content on there Sad

If your kids haven’t been exposed to yet to YouTube it’s great.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:09 pm
SuperWify wrote:
My toddler doesn’t like Toveedo. My older one likes it but there’s not enough content on there Sad

If your kids haven’t been exposed to yet to YouTube it’s great.

I'm assuming your older one isn't a teen yet LOL .
I only allow 30 minutes a day on toveedo and she loves watching stuff over and over again so so far it's working for my toddler.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:23 pm

They have every single uncle Moishy video. Bella Bracha for little girls. Mitzvah blvd

There’s tons of videos for all ages

giftedmom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:41 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I'm assuming your older one isn't a teen yet LOL .
I only allow 30 minutes a day on toveedo and she loves watching stuff over and over again so so far it's working for my toddler.

Pre-teen boys love the Yiddish plays, agent emes, secret room and more.
Pre-teen girls have Rachel’s place, Neshama productions, and more.
So far so good
For older teens there’s the 12+ options that have the groveis films. They used to give me nightmares so I wouldn’t expose my kids to them just yet.

In any case it’s not like Netflix kids was going to be enough for older teens anyway and I would never let them watch the actual teen shows on there. Too bad. It’s the little kids I need out of my hair sometimes. The older teens will manage.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:05 pm
do you need wifi for it?
how does toveedo work?

I dont have wifi at home, my toddler only watches TV when we go to my parents or in laws (weve been by my in laws for the past few week... mold issue in our apartment...)

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:37 pm
do you need wifi for it?
how does toveedo work?

I dont have wifi at home, my toddler only watches TV when we go to my parents or in laws (weve been by my in laws for the past few week... mold issue in our apartment...)

You can either use it on the web or download their app

asmileaday

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:51 am
giftedmom wrote:
Pre-teen boys love the Yiddish plays, agent emes, secret room and more.
Pre-teen girls have Rachel’s place, Neshama productions, and more.
So far so good
For older teens there’s the 12+ options that have the groveis films. They used to give me nightmares so I wouldn’t expose my kids to them just yet.

In any case it’s not like Netflix kids was going to be enough for older teens anyway and I would never let them watch the actual teen shows on there. Too bad. It’s the little kids I need out of my hair sometimes. The older teens will manage.

My teens don't watch frequently. Only a little on days there's no yeshiva. But their expectations are high since they've seen Harry Potter and the likes. So the Gruveis movies are just dumb for them.
It really depends what your kids have already been exposed to.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:42 pm
asmileaday wrote:
My teens don't watch frequently. Only a little on days there's no yeshiva. But their expectations are high since they've seen Harry Potter and the likes. So the Gruveis movies are just dumb for them.
It really depends what your kids have already been exposed to.

What are the options though? Secular teen movies can be dirtier than the adult ones at times.
Toveedo is mainly for little kids and pre-teens
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics