Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
(Poll) Kosher Phone/camera dilemma

Phone/camera dilemma?!
Transfer number to new smartphone &Use its camera  
 20%  [ 2 ]
Buy fancy digital camera, sell new smartphone, keep kosher phone  
 50%  [ 5 ]
Use camera on new smartphone, keep number on kosher phone don’t buy a camera  
 30%  [ 3 ]
Don’t take pics (but I lv pics!!) :(  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other :) thanks!  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:45 pm
I had a smartphone which broke and I bought a kosher phone (qin). I like my improved quality of life with it, but miss the camera on my smartphone.
Google finally sent me a smartphone replacement under the warranty.

So I can:
Keep the kosher phone
Sell the new smartphone
Use the new smartphone
Buy a nice digital camera

What good digital camera can replace my smartphone but take things up a notch, like I’m no professional photographer but if I’m buying one I’d like to buy a good one and learn, not just one like for a kid. But I’d like one I can carry that’s not too bulky.

Not sure what to do, thanks imas!!

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:46 pm
didnt vote.
but I have a 'family smartphone' that we use for camera, email, amazon etc..

its def not as convenient as having the good camera on your phone

and if I have less daily pictures.. I think well survive lol

but thats the whole point Smile

ima_bima

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:56 pm
I recently dumped my smartphone for a dumbphone and tbh it is worth every inconvenience it causes. Buy a good quality digital camera and upload photos to your computer as needed. I realised that I didn't need 20 pics of my baby eating breakfast. Now we splurge on a professional photo shoot once a year and on special occasions and have photos worth keeping.

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:08 pm
Just use the smartphone as a camera
If you don't want to transfer the number to it, don't transfer but use it as a camera. It's just as good or even better than some digital cameras

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:45 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
didnt vote.
but I have a 'family smartphone' that we use for camera, email, amazon etc..

its def not as convenient as having the good camera on your phone

and if I have less daily pictures.. I think well survive lol

but thats the whole point Smile

Interesting idea! So it’s not always available but easy to use and easy to grab

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:27 pm
I got a digital camera when I was pregnant with my oldest, just over 15 years ago. I was thrilled to have a camera that fit in my purse or diaper bag that I could take tons of baby pictures with and delete the ones that came out blurry. I could even take short videos, which was a major thing at the time. It was annoying to have to connect the camera to a computer in order to send pictures to the family, but that was the best option at the time. Once I got a smartphone with a decent camera, though, I never used the digital camera again. It is so much easier to send pictures via Whatsapp or text straight from my phone. Now I can even edit pictures right on my phone and erase a random stranger from an otherwise perfect picture of my children someplace. It's amazing what technology can do these days and I wouldn't go back to my digital camera at this point.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I got a digital camera when I was pregnant with my oldest, just over 15 years ago. I was thrilled to have a camera that fit in my purse or diaper bag that I could take tons of baby pictures with and delete the ones that came out blurry. I could even take short videos, which was a major thing at the time. It was annoying to have to connect the camera to a computer in order to send pictures to the family, but that was the best option at the time. Once I got a smartphone with a decent camera, though, I never used the digital camera again. It is so much easier to send pictures via Whatsapp or text straight from my phone. Now I can even edit pictures right on my phone and erase a random stranger from an otherwise perfect picture of my children someplace. It's amazing what technology can do these days and I wouldn't go back to my digital camera at this point.

Thanks! Obviously that’s the dilemma here, there r tremendous conveniences w modern technology and all that you mention about the smartphone camera I’ve experienced and agree with.
Recently with my 3 month trial of using a kosher phone however, I’ve felt quality of life improvements that I don’t want to give up.
So I’m looking for another way lol.
Thank you for your comments!

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Obviously that’s the dilemma here, there r tremendous conveniences w modern technology and all that you mention about the smartphone camera I’ve experienced and agree with.
Recently with my 3 month trial of using a kosher phone however, I’ve felt quality of life improvements that I don’t want to give up.
So I’m looking for another way lol.
Thank you for your comments!

Cant you just keep the smartphone for use as a camera? How will it ruin the new quality of life? You can make sure there is no wifi and no service, and no games, other apps, etc.
The problem with saying to buy a camera is that there are so few these days and whatever there are is a fortune. I am trying to buy one and I can't find one at a normal price.

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 6:56 am
A few ideas;

1 - I like ima bimas idea!
2) get a cheap smartphone with a great camera, and disable everything except the camera, any apps that you use for photo editing, and email ( for sending the pictures). You can even set up an email address just for this device so you aren't tempted to constantly check you email.
3) I also want a good camera with my phone, and I am considering getting the new Wisephone when it comes out in February. ( I think the website is techless.com)- check it out and se if it meets your needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics