Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Sara leah or Rochel leah

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:38 pm
Which name would you name your child? Have both options.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:41 pm
Sara Leah.

Both work, but I prefer this.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:46 pm
Both are very nice names! My daughter is named after a Sara Leah but we had to change Sara to Ahuva.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:47 pm
Sara Leah is softer

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:48 pm
Both are very pretty. I’d pick Sara Leah

Elilove

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:52 pm
Sara Leah

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:00 pm
Rochel Leah

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:20 pm
They both work and are very even/comparable names. Do you plan on B”H having another daughter? If so, do you have an idea as to what name you would want to use or person you would hypothetically name after? Will that be impacted by what you pick now? I wouldn’t pick this name because I’m worrying about the future, but if you really love them equally, that might be a factor.

Ie, if the next will named after a Shifra or Serach, or Shira, not that you can’t have at with a Sara, you just might prefer not to.
Or, if the next ones middle name would hypothetically be Shifra, maybe you would want to name this one Sara Leah and save the next one as Rachel Shifra. (Because Sara Shifra might not flow for you-not saying it doesn’t work)

But really only think about it like that if you are already realistically hoping to have more girls.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:50 pm
amother Oak wrote:
They both work and are very even/comparable names. Do you plan on B”H having another daughter? If so, do you have an idea as to what name you would want to use or person you would hypothetically name after? Will that be impacted by what you pick now? I wouldn’t pick this name because I’m worrying about the future, but if you really love them equally, that might be a factor.

Ie, if the next will named after a Shifra or Serach, or Shira, not that you can’t have at with a Sara, you just might prefer not to.
Or, if the next ones middle name would hypothetically be Shifra, maybe you would want to name this one Sara Leah and save the next one as Rachel Shifra. (Because Sara Shifra might not flow for you-not saying it doesn’t work)

But really only think about it like that if you are already realistically hoping to have more girls.

I had a girl. That’s why I’m asking. I could give both names. Not sure which one is prettier/sounds softer

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I had a girl. That’s why I’m asking. I could give both names. Not sure which one is prettier/sounds softer

Mazel tov.
They are both beautiful.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:46 pm
I prefer Sara Leah.

agreer

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:06 pm
I like Sarah Leah much better.

Both are nice and popular combinations.

You can't go wrong. Mazel tov!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:00 pm
I like Rochel Leah better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:15 pm
Thank you

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:36 pm
My daughter is Sarah Leah so I vote for that. Named after my grandmother Sarah. Leah was added since she died at a young age. We call her Sarah

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:56 pm
I'm a Rochel Leah. I think the Yiddish pronunciation of Rochel (like rhymes with "ugh-uhl") is much harder than the Hebrew pronunciation of Rah-chelle, which to me is much prettier.

I once heard from someone, I think a rebbetzin in sem, that some people have an inyan to not give two names because according to that way of thinking, each name has its own mazal or strength or something, I forgot, and giving two names can make a person more turbulent or something like that, instead of having a straightforward tachlis. She said that those people might use the name Rochel Leah, however, because Rochel and Leah were said to be two halves of the same neshama, so therefore it's really like giving one name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names