Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My 8 month old won't sit

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:25 pm
He would sit at 5-6 months when I'd sit him up. He balanced himself pretty well then and sat nicely without assistance, just with his hands on the floor between his legs.
Now he won't even position his feet correctly and keros throwing himself back every time I sit him up. The sitter claims he doesn't need any services because since he does well in the floor, plays and swims, but I'm concerned.
Anyone with experience here? An I just being a nervous first time mom or is this something to worry about?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 10:53 pm
It's a 9 month milestone; too early to be concerned.
My 8 month old is also not sitting for more than a few seconds

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:29 pm
As long as they are moving around they are good I had my son evaluated at 10 months for not sitting up and when they came they said as long as he is moving and crawling there is nothing wrong that he doesn't sit up eventually he sat up and and hit every milestone BH. No need to worry they actually told me if my baby only say up and didn't crawl then they would be concerned...

springflower

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:30 pm
I know someone whose child also refused to sit, was a little older then 8 months, turned out he had fluid in his ears, he started sitting as soon as he got tubes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:34 pm
His ears seem to be bothering him constantly. He's always rubbing them even when they aren't infected. I always thought of it as teething pain but maybe it is fluid. I'll ask my pediatrician.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:39 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
As long as they are moving around they are good I had my son evaluated at 10 months for not sitting up and when they came they said as long as he is moving and crawling there is nothing wrong that he doesn't sit up eventually he sat up and and hit every milestone BH. No need to worry they actually told me if my baby only say up and didn't crawl then they would be concerned...

He's not really crawling yet either, he swims and pulls himself around in his tummy. I'm wondering if he's just on his own pace or he's delayed.

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 1:22 am
Op, does he crawl yet? My kids kids all learned how to sit once they started crawling and learned how to sit up by themselves.

Shepping

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 1:24 am
Maybe it's worth it to get the evaluation and see if he qualifies. Services can take time to get so if you do the evaluation and he qualifies at least he'll start sooner. My daughter wasn't sitting at 6/7 months but she also wasn't balancing herself when we put her in a sitting position and the doctor recommended PT. We didn't get anyone till 2 months later but the therapist ended up working with her though rolling over and walking etc ...she's almost 5 now bh and for us the services were a good thing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 1:27 am
Shepping wrote:
Maybe it's worth it to get the evaluation and see if he qualifies. Services can take time to get so if you do the evaluation and he qualifies at least he'll start sooner. My daughter wasn't sitting at 6/7 months but she also wasn't balancing herself when we put her in a sitting position and the doctor recommended PT. We didn't get anyone till 2 months later but the therapist ended up working with her though rolling over and walking etc ...she's almost 5 now bh and for us the services were a good thing.

Your daughter wasn't rolling over? Cuz my son dies turn over and almost crawls
I guess I'll just ask the pediatrician what she thinks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics