Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Digital camera for dd

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:42 am
DD is turning 11 next week and wanted to get her a camera for Chanukah/birthday. Problem is they are crazy expensive. Anyone bought one recently that's decent and can tell me what model. They typical calm elph ones are either all backordered or like $400.

UQT

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:30 am
Between carpool linked one in their gift guide for $100. I’m sure it’s not for big photographers but perfect for 11 year olds who go to camp.

Tanya1234

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:31 am
I bought a refurbished canon on eBay or goodwill. Paid about $100-$159.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 9:56 am
I bought a no name camera off Amazon for less than $80 it's very good. Looks like a copy of an expensive camera. Is made in china. b"h takes very decent picture. Includes batteries and all accessories. Not clunky and comes in cute colors. Daughter loves it. Not everyone has canon lots of kids have kosher cameras those are also made in china.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 5:03 pm
Bumping. We've done the cheaper Amazon cameras a few times. They don't last and don't have sound usually. I wanted a brand name for her that will hopefully last. She loves taking pictures/videos. Any ideas? Didnt see many on eBay that looked good.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 5:47 pm
Gopro? Just got one for dd for her bas mitzvah.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 6:03 pm
Canon g15 or g16 were great point and shoots back in the day you can get it for about $200 on eBay (that’s what I got my daughter) They are a bit bigger than the Elph models more similar to the g7x that everyone has now.

gande

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 6:36 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15593.....gvOPY

I just looked through eBay this is an older g model but amazing price for a solid camera. You can buy an off brand charger on Amazon for $10.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:03 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Gopro? Just got one for dd for her bas mitzvah.

Never heard of that one. Which one did you get? Can it take videos with sounds?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Canon g15 or g16 were great point and shoots back in the day you can get it for about $200 on eBay (that’s what I got my daughter) They are a bit bigger than the Elph models more similar to the g7x that everyone has now.

I'll look. Thanks.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 9:04 pm
I bought a Canon for my teenager on Marketplace. Was barely used. I've actually bought cameras several times this way.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:24 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Is the g7x a canon model?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics