Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Don't send your husband
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:37 pm
To buy disposable foil pans! I've seen quite afew men in the foil pan isle, looking all confused while holding & comparing several pan sizes, trying to figure out what their wife wants...

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:40 pm
Sorry not a reason. He can call his wife or ask someone in the store. Mine sends me pictures. It’s 2023 it’s really easy to text or take pictures. There is no valid reason not to send him.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:41 pm
I probably did the same thing when my mother first sent me to buy pans. It's ok. I learned, and so did my husband.

amother
OP

amother Rainbow wrote:
Sorry not a reason. He can call his wife or ask someone in the store. Mine sends me pictures. It’s 2023 it’s really easy to text or take pictures. There is no valid reason not to send him.

Oy, I meant it as a joke!
It's just funny to see men looking all confused.....
(Perhaps they couldn't call their wives at the moment, who knows? You also can't see sizes accurately in a picture.)

bbhem5

There was sign in one of the groceries: "This is the 9x13 pan your wife asked for!" with an arrow pointing to the pans.

My husband found it hilarious and was sure they had him in mind!

Last edited by bbhem5 on Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:42 pm
Send him with a tape measure
Joking btw Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:43 pm
bbhem5 wrote:
There was sign in one of the groceries: "This is the 9x13 pan your wife asked for!" with an arrow pointing to the pans.

Brilliant! There should be signs by all pans...
But yeah, 9x13 is probably the most common size!

peace2

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:51 pm
Pan sizes are subjective. Cookie sheets mean large flat pans to me that you could bake 12 cookies at a time on. To my very smart DH, they are any rectangular flat pan ("what do you mean it's big? the one I'm holding looks big I think")
I try to show him what I want more of before he leaves the house

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 9:00 pm
I was once in the store and a confused looking guy holds up a pan… “excuse me, is this a loaf pan?” It wasn’t, I showed him the right one.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 9:59 pm
bbhem5 wrote:

My husband found it hilarious and was sure they had him in mind!

Gotta love Wolf's!!!!!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:02 pm
Lol erev Shavuos I sent my husband to the bodega on our block to buy a 9x13 the clerk said he was probably the 15th guy asking for that pan that day.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Gotta love Wolf's!!!!!

I don't know who wolf's is, but they have this sign in Center of Town in Lakewood - "THIS is the pan your wife asked you to buy!".

yellowroses

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:18 pm
https://I.imgur.com/VsPlQ7T.jpg

This says it all LOL

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:25 pm
yellowroses wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/VsPlQ7T.jpg

This says it all LOL

LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:26 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Lol erev Shavuos I sent my husband to the bodega on our block to buy a 9x13 the clerk said he was probably the 15th guy asking for that pan that day.

LOL

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:35 pm
I don’t find this thread humorous at all. Men aren’t babies and can learn like any healthy adult. Stop infantilizing men.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:53 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

This seems like it should be one of the easiest things to for somebody who may not be familiar with grocery items get for you.

You just need to measure.

It's not like you are asking a novice to select ripe avocados or to pick up a good watermelon by thumping it.

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Dec 08 2023, 12:01 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I don’t find this thread humorous at all. Men aren’t babies and can learn like any healthy adult. Stop infantilizing men.

Chill.
I’ve had boys and bochurim and men of all ages ask me if the pans they want is the right size. And I’ve had women and teens and girls of all ages ask me for help too. And I’ve asked people for help when I’m shopping for something unfamiliar. It has nothing to do with infantilizing men. If someone asks a question, help them.
Have you ever gone to a different country where the language might be the same but the words are different? If you’re American and go to England and want to buy Shabbos napkins for your host and the sign says serviettes, I hope you ask for help. Or if you are told to watch out for the lorries while driving. Asking is a way of learning.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Dec 08 2023, 12:19 am
amother Cerulean wrote:

This is so not about infantilizing! How many people know the measurements of the pans they're using besides 9x13s? I used to write small foil pans on my shopping list assuming my husband knows what I'm talking about and he'd get loaf pans because that's the smallest size in my kitchen. Just like I'll write potatoes on the list expecting a 5lb bag and he'll come home with 3 loose potatoes. Shopping lists are typically way more vague than we give our husbands credit for

singleagain

Post Fri, Dec 08 2023, 12:26 am
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics