Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What Do You Do When You Are Better Than Everyone Else?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

marina

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:53 pm
Quote:
Sorry, my modern mother never got me Barbies. Can you imagine? All my friends had Barbies but not I. I think I should start a thread on daughters whose growth, both emotional and mental, was stunted by mean mothers. I will never be as special as you.

No, no. Let's take it from the top. Again. Rolling Eyes Barbies are assur. Imaginaries are allowed. Your emotional growth may have been stunted if your mother never gave you imaginary dolls with no body parts whatsoever, but not if your mother never gave you real barbies. Got that? I didn't think so.

Who asked for an example? This is a perfect example. I am teaching y'all about Imaginaries and you are still harping about other stupid stuff. How do I deal with those of us who are not as quick on the uptake?

marina

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:00 am
Quote:
I am sorry you are so lacking in this area. See a shrink.

And that's another thing. Imamother is full of people telling everyone to see shrinks. What's up with that? Not everyone needs a psychologist. I am an expert in human psychology and could teach those shrinks a thing or two, did I mention that?

I would never, btw, run with Hillary Clinton. She wouldn't even be fit to tie my shoelaces, nevermind be the vicepresident.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:42 am
Marina-can we be friends? Finally I found someone I can compete with?

Can you cook a gourmet meal without even using one recipe?
Can you multi task by doing nine things at a time including talking on the phone conference with two people, talking to dh, text messaging someone, yahoo messaging somene, replying by imamother, and ....?
Can you clean up a house in 19 seconds?
Can you fold a load and put it away in 7 seconds?
Can you walk to Target (the way takes one and a half hours) in the 90 degrees humidity?
Can you be up until 3 am and wake up the next morning at 6 am and be all rested every day of the week?

If you answered yes to all of these then you are smarter then me and we'll have to forget about that special friendship we almost had.

golddigger

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:06 am
2008, 7:18 pm Post subject: re: What Do You Do When You Are Better Than Everyone Else?

Do you really imagine that I would speak to a man? I am the most religious person I know.

If your so religious why are you on the internet?

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:13 am
marina wrote:
Do you really imagine that I would speak to a man? I am the most religious person I know.
Yes, I know. And so is he. And he's also the smartest, most intelligent, nicest, kindest person alive (besides for his wife). Maybe you can disguise your voice while talking to him, so that he won't lust after a woman? But I'm sure he could help you in trying to deal with an inferior world, so give him a call.

(btw, how does anyone even think that she might've been serious? )

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:18 am
Marina for one(ok here I go again Wink ) Why are you resorting to a forum of invisible, clueless chatterboxes for advice Confused , if you are the smartest nicest person around we are hopeless for your situation, won't you agree?

Secondly I can see a 'drop' of the frustration, when you are knowledgable and others are not and you feel you are associating with fools. On the other hand we can all learn something from everyone, otherwise G-D would have only created the likes of yours on this planet.
Even the Baal Shem Tov who you must admit is greater Wink lowered his level to mix amongst the ignoramuses, to teach them ...................

golddigger

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:19 am
I was joking, basically I m saying how does someone think so highly of themselves noone is perfect, theres always a ladder up. I'm not jelous you continue be the greatest you are and should abe. I guess I just will not understand

golddigger

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:20 am
I was not joking.
my mistake

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:27 am
Quote:
(btw, how does anyone even think that she might've been serious? )

Yeah, when I was reading her original post, I was thinking "now how many people are going to take her seriously?"
But thats marina. She says things with such a 'straight face'.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:29 am
this thread makes me go Rolling Eyes
I sometimes get nauseaus when I see older women than me act so childish, and make themselves look like they have nothing better to do than talk shtuyot. Rolling Eyes

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 5:41 am
Marina, if you really are sooooo wonderful as you think you are (I'm not sure you are real, maybe you, too, are an imaginary), will you PLEASE remind Clarissa to PM me that recipie...my whole family is waiting for it this week and I think that the Beis Hamikdash will come down early on my street if I don't have something really good to serve to them by Monday nite...

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:50 am
Clarissa wrote:
You may be the smartest and most special, the nicest and most careful, but you're not the everything-est person. For instance, do you have the best penmanship of anyone around?

No Confused

Quote:
Can you tie as many knots as an Eagle Scout?

No Sad

Quote:
Do you know all the words to "Evita" or "A Chorus Line"?

No Sad Sad

Quote:
Have you ever made mocha creme caramel?

No Crying

Quote:
Do you know the difference between all of the paintings of Monet and Manet?

I thought they were one and the same. Crying Crying

Quote:
Do you knit?

Yes Cheers But I haven't for years. Sad

Quote:
Do you know the secrets to shorter line-waits at Disney World?

Now what would I be doing there? But I know the secrets to shorter waits at Misrad haPnim. Will that do?

Clarissa, you have made me and probably thousands of other innocent young(ish) posters feel extremely inadequate. I now have to go back to bed/ see a shrink/ eat a box of chocolates - which do you suggest?

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:56 am
Definitely the chocolate.
Cheaper.
Tastier.
Longer lasting pleasure.
But only the good stuff. At least 60% cocoa...

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:03 am
Do sardines come from Sardinia?

Strawberry

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:03 am
shalhevet wrote:

Now what would I be doing there? But I know the secrets to shorter waits at Misrad haPnim. Will that do?

Now THAT is amazing! Will you share your secret?

ny_ima

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:17 am
first I wanted to write: just shoot urself! to spare the rest of us not so perfect...
but then I thought, maybe u wont get the joke. maybe ull think its obnoxious.
then I thought: well if u dont have best sense of humor: how better are you really??

so dear dear OP. it is written in igeres haram"ban

those who r haughty over others, r considered mored(rebel) bemalchus shamayim!

even as a joke, u wouldnt want to advertise urself as such now, would you?

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:18 am
Okay, so maybe OP was bored...still not an excuse to insult others.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:27 am
Shalhevet,

It was never my desire to make any other poster feel inadequate. True, some of you are inadequate losers who don't know a crème caramel from a crème brûlée from a flan. And some of you may have once been knitters but haven't the drive or commitment to continue to knit, another source of justifiable shame. I could go on, but it might make you feel worse.

There's a purpose to your existence, Shalhevet. True, it'll take greater minds than mine to figure it out, but there is a purpose. I'm sorry, did I just say greater minds than mine? hahahaha.

roza

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:51 am
You go girl!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:58 am
Strawberry wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

Now THAT is amazing! Will you share your secret?

When you get there, look around frantically for someone who has just given up, after four weeks camp out, and ask for their number as they leave. In half an hour you are out.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics