Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
What are the rules for the Zos Hanukkah note?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 6:04 pm
I think I read in the infertility section of women writing a note asking for a baby and putting it under the hanukiah on the 8th night. Can I have more details on this? Is there a special prayer? Do you just put the note under before you light the candles on the 8th night, then remove it the next day? Can you make other requests (like success in a creative endeavor) or just for having a baby?

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 6:26 pm
I don't know the "rules" but it's not specifically for a baby, it's for any tefilla you have or yeshua that you want to ask for

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 8:10 pm
Anyone have the rules?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 8:32 pm
There's no mekor for it so there aren't real rules.
I have heard something about starting with praising and thanking Hashem for all the good before the actual request and tying the note to the menorah but it's really just about concentrated tefillah more than anything else...

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 8:39 pm
Op I don’t want this to come across the wrong way but please, don’t take this as if this will bring your yeshuah though I sincerely hope it does. There was recently a thread about this segulah not working for everyone. I’m sure if you daven and ask hashem to send your yeshuah it will be just as good.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 9:26 pm
The rules are that segulos are really tricky

It is very hard to find a note a year later and see that no one of the prayers are answered...

Know yourself

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:10 pm
There's a very long thread on this topic that I can't find. It shares the "guidelines" and people shared their stories. Does anyone know this thread?
I did it last year and asked for 2 things. one worked out, and the other one mostly worked out. (for me they weren't things like having a baby - either you had one or you didn't, but people had posted things like that).

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:13 pm
Idk if there are specific rules. I put one on the last day of chanukah first thanked Hashem. And this is how I put it away till this year. And I did get my tefillos answered right before chanukah. Bh

shanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:51 pm
I received this post (below) . It came with a recording that has instructions/specific details.

OP, how can I get that recording to you?
You can pm me if you have any ideas.

Bottom line from the recording: there is a mekor. The mekor is the Ohr HaChaim HaKadosh who put a note into the Kotel.
The idea is to write a letter to HaShem at a time that is an Ais Ratzon AND in a holy place - the Menora.

He said to daven for everything you want for yourself, your family, everyone, especially for Shemira Eliona.

Received this info:

The above voice message is:
R' Yitzchok Perlstein. ☝️There is a powerful segulah that you can do on Zos Chanukah.
Please listen to the voice note that was sent from Rabbi Perlstein
It was sent out last year. Two women wrote a note and attached it to their Menorah last year and put it away.
This year when they saw their notes they cried, realizing that Hashem answered their Bekasha.
I hope you will write your note and attach it to your Menorah.
Ah Lichtigin & Freilichin Chanukah!

shanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:52 pm
I found the other thread about it - I don’t know how to link it.
It’s called “ my tefilos were answered with a note on the menora”

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 6:41 pm
I've mentioned that actually on a different thread but that's not a mekor for davka leaving a note at the menorah on Zos Chanuka.
People have extrapolated and the main thing is the tefillah but there's no mekor davka for the menorah on the last day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics