Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby songs

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:05 am
Need some ideas of baby songs or "exercises" to entertain a 2 month old, preferably sensory ones that involve arms, legs, face.

I'm the youngest so grew up without taking care of babies and I feel a bit lost.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:11 am
I make up my own songs most of the time. Just take an easy tune that I know well and put in random words about how much I love him/ what I'm doing to him/ what I'm doing in general.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:37 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I make up my own songs most of the time. Just take an easy tune that I know well and put in random words about how much I love him/ what I'm doing to him/ what I'm doing in general.

I was going to write the exact same thing

I’ve never done or heard of baby exercise. I always thoughts babies are supposed to move on their own, that it’s thrilling for them to discover their own limbs and how they can move them

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:45 am
At that age what you need most is just to narrate whatever you are doing while you do it. Did you try Google for some songs?
A little older you can introduce finger play songs- open shut them, itsy bitsy spider, the wheels on the bus etc. Google can also give you more.
There is a website supersimple.Com which has songs

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 8:49 am
amother Black wrote:
At that age what you need most is just to narrate whatever you are doing while you do it. Did you try Google for some songs?
A little older you can introduce finger play songs- open shut them, itsy bitsy spider, the wheels on the bus etc. Google can also give you more.
There is a website supersimple.Com which has songs

Thank you!

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:12 am
That's really young so I'd play whatever you like to listen to. But when a little older:
She'll be comin round the mountain
Bumping up and down in my little red wagon
Itsy bitsy spider
Head shoulders knees and toes
5 little jumping frogs
Baby shark
Hot potato
Where is thumbkin?

I really like Laurie Berkner band, the Wiggles, and Raffi for kids music that's not annoying. You can find them on YouTube, Spotify, Hoopla (library app if you have).

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 11:01 am
I sing kids davening songs as well. It's another wonderful morning, little Torah, ani maamin... I really like "Hashem is here Hashem is there" for stretches. While they're laying on their back, stretching their arms overhead for "up, up", stretching their arms all the way out for right and left. I cross their arms and gently stretch for "here there and everywhere." You can sing it again and bend their legs and kinda slightly squish it to their belly for "up up" and add in bicycling movements for the rest. Great for relieving gas as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:05 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
I sing kids davening songs as well. It's another wonderful morning, little Torah, ani maamin... I really like "Hashem is here Hashem is there" for stretches. While they're laying on their back, stretching their arms overhead for "up, up", stretching their arms all the way out for right and left. I cross their arms and gently stretch for "here there and everywhere." You can sing it again and bend their legs and kinda slightly squish it to their belly for "up up" and add in bicycling movements for the rest. Great for relieving gas as well.

Love this so much!

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:13 pm
If your happy and you know it
this little piggy
patchie patchie hentelech

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 1:40 pm
We have a bunch of these 'baby gym' books which have songs/rhymes and motions to do with your baby. Really helps me when they are little and not so responsive yet.

Here are some, not sure what is still in print:

1) https://www.amazon.com/Touch-T.....=8-23

2) https://www.amazon.com/Calm-So.....=8-18

3) https://www.amazon.com/Bounce-.....=8-20

4) https://www.amazon.com/Wiggle-.....r=8-5
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics