Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Painting Kitchen Cabinets White, who did it for you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 9:34 am
If you painted your Kitchen Cabinets white, who did it for you?

Are you happy with the finish?

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 9:40 am
Why are you painting your cabinets?

Painting cabinets - if done properly - is quite expensive because they have to be properly prepared - sand an primed - which is quite tedious and labor intensive. The painting also needs to be done in a "clean" room. The doors have to be removed and it is generally done off-site.

It is not the same as having walls painted.

If not done properly, the paint job is prone to chipping and cracking and also will look non-professional in terms of having brush strokes and not the type of painted finish you get from factory finished paint.

In general the finish isn't as strong as the original finish especially if you have wood stained cabinets.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 11:09 am
Amarante wrote:
Why are you painting your cabinets?

Painting cabinets - if done properly - is quite expensive because they have to be properly prepared - sand an primed - which is quite tedious and labor intensive. The painting also needs to be done in a "clean" room. The doors have to be removed and it is generally done off-site.

It is not the same as having walls painted.

If not done properly, the paint job is prone to chipping and cracking and also will look non-professional in terms of having brush strokes and not the type of painted finish you get from factory finished paint.

In general the finish isn't as strong as the original finish especially if you have wood stained cabinets.

Can't speak for OP.
But when many people buy a home, especially in the Lakewood/TR area where this request was posted, they are stretching themselves thin and don't have a lot of money left over for extensive expensive renovations. Painting kitchen cabinets white changes the whole kitchen, make it brighter and airier, and avoiding the expense of putting on a new kitchen. You spend a fraction of the price. I've seen it done and it's amazing what a difference it makes.
Does it look perfect? No
Does it change the look? Yes

It's very commonly done here

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 11:59 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
Can't speak for OP.
But when many people buy a home, especially in the Lakewood/TR area where this request was posted, they are stretching themselves thin and don't have a lot of money left over for extensive expensive renovations. Painting kitchen cabinets white changes the whole kitchen, make it brighter and airier, and avoiding the expense of putting on a new kitchen. You spend a fraction of the price. I've seen it done and it's amazing what a difference it makes.
Does it look perfect? No
Does it change the look? Yes

It's very commonly done here

100%

Thanks so much!

Now who does this well?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:01 pm
My sister did it in TR but it was before covid and it cost $10k. I don't know who she used.

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:03 pm
Ultimate Painter painted my cabinets (7 yrs ago)
(347) 893-1292

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:43 pm
Debbig wrote:
Ultimate Painter painted my cabinets (7 yrs ago)
(347) 893-1292

Thanks. How is the finish lasting?

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:47 pm
How much does something like this cost?

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 12:52 pm
We used vivid painting
Did a great job!
If I recall correctly it was btwn 5-7k
It's holding up very nicely

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 10:51 am
amother Starflower wrote:
We used vivid painting
Did a great job!
If I recall correctly it was btwn 5-7k
It's holding up very nicely

How many years ago did you paint the cabinets white?

Anyone else used Vivid?

Debbig

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 10:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. How is the finish lasting?

Sorry I’m just seeing this now.
The cabinets where old in not in great condition before the paint. But it help up quite well. I’ve since redone my kitchen I had them like that for about 5 yrs & was happy.
The type of paint that is used is very important. Use a good quality paint that is made for something like this.
In my experience Benjamin Moore paints are way better than other brands. They hold up better clean better & you can touch up the paint & the new blends perfectly with the old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries