Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning crew uses my bathroom after they clean it
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:47 am
Am I crazy to be upset? Use it before you clean it! Now it's not clean anymore. Wondering if I should say something to the boss. Really bothering me. My bathrooms are not disgusting and visibly dirty before.

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:53 am
Lol my cleaning lady always did the same.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:54 am
Sorry but I need to know now how often you get a cleaning crew

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:56 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Sorry but I need to know now how often you get a cleaning crew

Every Friday. Why?

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 10:57 am
You don’t think they enjoy using a clean bathroom also? As long as they aren’t leaving a mess it wouldn’t bother me.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:02 am
amother OP wrote:
Every Friday. Why?

A whole crew? Is this done? You’re making me consider it!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:04 am
notshanarishona wrote:
You don’t think they enjoy using a clean bathroom also? As long as they aren’t leaving a mess it wouldn’t bother me.

So they should clean it again after using the bathroom. She's paying them to leave a spotless bathroom.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:05 am
I fired my cleaning lady for this. She'd use the bathroom after she cleaned it and left it dirty with a terrible smell. My house smelled for hours, I couldn't handle it anymore.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:07 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
So they should clean it again after using the bathroom. She's paying them to leave a spotless bathroom.

Personally, I don’t know any healthy adults leave any mess or mark in the bathroom after using it one time unless they have major stomach issues or something . Using the toilet doesn’t make it not spotless. It would be one thing if you are telling me its a crew of 5 workers who each are using the bathroom, and filling the garbage, leaving marks, etc but just that someone prefers not using a toilet that hasn’t been cleaned in a week…

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:07 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
I fired my cleaning lady for this. She'd use the bathroom after she cleaned it and left it dirty with a terrible smell. My house smelled for hours, I couldn't handle it anymore.

Leaving a smell is different and they should definitely refreshen the room if it’s smelly

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:09 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Personally, I don’t know any healthy adults leave any mess or mark in the bathroom after using it one time unless they have major stomach issues or something . Using the toilet doesn’t make it not spotless. It would be one thing if you are telling me its a crew of 5 workers who each are using the bathroom, and filling the garbage, leaving marks, etc but just that someone prefers not using a toilet that hasn’t been cleaned in a week…

Even if they're not leaving it visibly dirty, their job is to leave it spotless. They used the toilet, walked on the floors, used the sink, they should clean the bathroom again before leaving.
My bathroom is almost never visibly dirty. But of course I clean it regularly. I assume there's germs and bacteria that need to be cleaned.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:09 am
It's not a whole week without it being clean! I have a cleaning lady every day. I just have once a week a deep clean.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:10 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Even if they're not leaving it visibly dirty, their job is to leave it spotless. They used the toilet, walked on the floors, used the sink, they should clean the bathroom again before leaving.
My bathroom is almost never visibly dirty. But of course I clean it regularly. I assume there's germs and bacteria that need to be cleaned.

I agree. It's their job to clean the bathrooms. Not use it after and leave their germs. How can I say something to the boss?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:
I agree. It's their job to clean the bathrooms. Not use it after and leave their germs. How can I say something to the boss?

I'd definitely say something to their boss. Say it as it is. That they use the bathroom after cleaning it & you need them to clean it again or use the bathroom before.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:14 am
I totally get you, I agree.
They should re-wipe it after.
I've had the same issue.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:20 am
Ok thank you! I appreciate all the responses. Gut shabbos

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:35 am
I think it’s disgusting to comment on your cleaning crews bathroom habits like that. They’re not going to like you after this.

Check your privilege. You’re rich enough to have cleaning help every day and a crew once a week too, they’re working an hourly, labor intensive job. Leave them alone. Unless the bathroom smells or has poop stains on the bowl or something afterwards, you are massively overstepping telling them not to use the bathroom after it has been cleaned.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 11:54 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
I think it’s disgusting to comment on your cleaning crews bathroom habits like that. They’re not going to like you after this.

Check your privilege. You’re rich enough to have cleaning help every day and a crew once a week too, they’re working an hourly, labor intensive job. Leave them alone. Unless the bathroom smells or has poop stains on the bowl or something afterwards, you are massively overstepping telling them not to use the bathroom after it has been cleaned.

She is paying them to leave the bathroom spotless and disinfected. She doesn't have a problem with them using the bathroom, but they absolutely must leave it clean. So if they use it after it was cleaned, they need to clean it again.
This has zero to do with privilege or OP having a cleaning crew. This is none of you business and not for you to comment or bash on. If you're jealous of OP, keep it to yourself. You know nothing about her life circumstances.
She's paying them to leave a spotless bathroom, and that's what they need to do. Regardless of how privileged you think OP is & regardless of how labor intensive you think their job is. They're getting paid to do a job & they need to do it right.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:

You need to chill out and not get triggered over someone having more cleaning help than you. She pays for the job she can decide what works for her. And yes it’s normal for someone cleaning the bathroom to leave it unused and clean again if they use it after it’s all done.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 15 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:

Whoa. Whoa! I'm sorry you feel triggered. I'm not rich.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics