Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Opsherin

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 4:22 am
What’s the norm to do here for an opsherin? Does the kid invite his friends or can we just do family? And is it like a regular party or a seuda and then do the snips?

English3

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 4:34 am
Where are you located? what community are you in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 4:42 pm
English3 wrote:
Where are you located? what community are you in?

I live in hendon. Am pretty new to the country, my older kid had his opsherin in israel and we went around to gedolim etc and then had like a seuda after for the family so not sure what to do in chutz laaretz

#Happymom

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 4:47 pm
Well, depends how fancy you want to do it 😉😉

Seriously, you could do pretty much anything.
Hire a party planner and go all out for a gala party or invite some family for a party and do the cutting. Not so much a seuda, more a birthday party. But if a seuda is your thing - go for it!

Generally the kid goes to the school after his haircut and gives out pekellach there, so that's the friend - party.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 5:59 pm
No I don’t want fancy but wondering if only having family is a thing? Or should invite friends from his class too?

Busybee5

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 6:13 pm
I think just family is more the norm. Then they give out pecklach to their friends and have a little fuss at school as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries