Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Same playgroup next year?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:01 am
hi! my dd is in a playgroup now where she is the youngest one by 6 months. she loves the morah and has the option to stay in the same playgroup next year where she will probably be the oldest but not by much. is it a bad idea to stay in the same playgroup? is there a benefit of starting someplace new?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:03 am
For sure stay!! At that age consistency is great.

amf

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:04 am
How old is she?
If you like and trust the morah I'd say go for it, especially if its still babysitting age

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:04 am
What would be the problem? I see it as a big plus to have a morah who knows her well and whom you both trust. Starting over with a new morah is stressful. If it's necessary, fine, but if it's not even better.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:08 am
amf wrote:
How old is she?
If you like and trust the morah I'd say go for it, especially if its still babysitting age

she's 2.5... I also would love to stay because it was hard to adjust to a new one this year! but a couple people told me it's not good for the child especially since it will be with all new kids and change is good

mha3484

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:09 am
Definitely stay.

One you get closer to the school ages like 4 year olds, then maybe repeating the same morah isnt a great idea but I think any age before that no problem.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:11 am
thank you so much, imas!!! this was so super helpful Very Happy

mommyhood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:19 am
Funny I guess I'll be the dissenter. If she's 2.5 now she'll be 3.5 next year and close to 4 when it's over. That's a huge difference than a 2.5 year old. They can understand that everything is the same as the year before and if they're bored they become a behavior issue. Might just be trading a harder adjustment period with a new Morah for a harder second half of the school year with the old one because they've been there done that.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 11:30 am
I also vote stay

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:23 pm
I don't know how hard it is for you to switch midyear if necessary?
I had this with one of my children and I discussed it at length with her morah. My main concern was around whether she would end up bored and not stimulated enough and that would just lead to trouble. In the end she had a couple of children that were around her age for most of the year, so it was okay. Towards the end of the year, when the other children had moved, she possibly could have done better elsewhere, but I wasn't going to switch her at that point. Her morah was amazing and really tried to keep her stimulated. She also became like a little mommy in the group and loved looking after the little ones.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:31 pm
I would keep her there

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:32 pm
I don't vote stay. I'd put her in older 3s group so that she's learning on a more mature level.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics