Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Style me! SAHM in BP

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:30 am
I live in BP, high avenues and high streets. I’m 40 years old with toddlers at home and I like to dress casually day-to-day. I’m the type that could wear the same thing every day so I don’t mind building a uniform wardrobe and rinse and repeat.
After a bunch of recent pregnancies BH I’m out of date and feel it.
How would you dress me for a typical
weekday, walking and doing local errands (I sometimes wear sneakers).
I see for hanging outside with the kids people wearing long straight slinky skirts and lightweight sweatshirts. What about for heading out to stores.
I’m average height and average weight, not slim.
From wig to shoes please, including
Coat and glasses.
Style me!😎

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:50 am
How did you dress in the past 20 years? Take a stroll on 13th Avenue and look at the way women are dressed from wig to shoes. Then head into the clothing shops and see what you like. The salesladies will be happy to tell you what’s age appropriate. Same with the sheitel macher, glasses store and shoe store. Sorry if this seems unhelpful but it’s hard to link all basic clothing that you can find on the avenue. If you’re new to the area maybe find a good friend or neighbor who would be willing to join you on your shopping spree.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:55 am
Thanks. Not to link!! To give some suggestions as to what I can look at.
A lot of the women I see here dress more formally than I think makes sense for my lifestyle but dressing more casually lends itself to shluchiness.
I’m curious if people have ideas of what would help me look more up to date.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:58 am
Look at online stores when you have a few minutes free, and see the range of styles and what you like. Then, when you'll be able to zero in on what you're looking for when you go shopping in a real store. You can try fameoncentral.com which is a popular Jewish store, but I dont know if its the BP style.

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:03 am
Ask the local stores what is popular and buy it

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:04 am
I’m sahm bp I hate fancy street clothing and then shmattes for the house like most wear. I try to find some cotton lightweight sweaters I can wear comfortably for the full day. Same with skirt. A black comfortable washable a line midi skirt.

Long puffer coats are in style now and look really nice on some people. It really depends what you like, your level of needing to be in style. and where you are coming from. You want to stay true to yourself.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Not to link!! To give some suggestions as to what I can look at.
A lot of the women I see here dress more formally than I think makes sense for my lifestyle but dressing more casually lends itself to shluchiness.
I’m curious if people have ideas of what would help me look more up to date.

I hear you. The problem is that tastes and styles are so personal. That’s why stores have such a varied selection. It’s not like every 40 year old in BP dresses the same.
Personally I’m about that age and I like a good accordion pleated black skirt with some solid sweaters. I have a down/velvet coat. I wear shoulder length wig with a slightly off center part. Comfortable yet regular shoes/no sneakers. In the cold I prefer boots. I don’t wear glasses but if I would I’d opt for lenses.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:13 am
Check out the Orly skirts. Solid colored sweatshirts

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:18 am
New balance sneakers style 327 are stylish and super comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 9:57 am
amother Brass wrote:
I hear you. The problem is that tastes and styles are so personal. That’s why stores have such a varied selection. It’s not like every 40 year old in BP dresses the same.
Personally I’m about that age and I like a good accordion pleated black skirt with some solid sweaters. I have a down/velvet coat. I wear shoulder length wig with a slightly off center part. Comfortable yet regular shoes/no sneakers. In the cold I prefer boots. I don’t wear glasses but if I would I’d opt for lenses.

Thank you.

amother
OP

amother RosePink wrote:
Check out the Orly skirts. Solid colored sweatshirts

Thank you.

amother
OP

SuperWify wrote:
New balance sneakers style 327 are stylish and super comfortable.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics