Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Wwyd? Sent a gift and did not receive confirmation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:55 pm
I sent it with a friend to drs office. I emailed the Dr to let them know and haven’t received any acknowledgment.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:57 pm
My husband gets lots of gifts & usually doesn't let ppl know...I disagree w/ him, but just saying, some ppl don't respond ty to ty gifts.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
My husband gets lots of gifts & usually doesn't let ppl know...I disagree w/ him, but just saying, some ppl don't respond ty to ty gifts.

Yeah.. I mean I put a lot of thought, money and time into this. Just want to know it was received as that person wasn’t in the office when it was dropped off and it was left with a colleague. I messaged the person I gifted with that information, so they know who to get it from and no response.

Librarian

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:07 pm
I have gifted a particular doctor many times, nice expensive gifts and have never once gotten an acknowledgement. I just do what I have to do even though I don't think it's nice.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 3:11 pm
If you messaged the receiver and got no response there's nothing more you can do. It's rude not to acknowledge the gift but you don't want to run after them while waiting for a confirmation.

singleagain

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:02 pm
Can you ask the person you sent it with?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:04 pm
Perhaps it hasn't reached the Dr yet & is sitting at the receptionist?
Maybe they think it's an office gift?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yeah.. I mean I put a lot of thought, money and time into this. Just want to know it was received as that person wasn’t in the office when it was dropped off and it was left with a colleague. I messaged the person I gifted with that information, so they know who to get it from and no response.

I really think it’s important for everyone to acknowledge and say thank you for a gift.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

I’d call and ask. Hopefully it will make them realize they should’ve acknowledged it.

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:04 pm
I don’t think you should expect a doctor to thank you for a thank you gift, except when you see them in person. They are busy and you are thanking them with the gift. Yes it would be nice if they thanked you, but I wouldn’t expect it

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:13 pm
tichellady wrote:
I don’t think you should expect a doctor to thank you for a thank you gift, except when you see them in person. They are busy and you are thanking them with the gift. Yes it would be nice if they thanked you, but I wouldn’t expect it

Too busy to say thank you? No. They have secretaries who can make a quick call or send a quick text on their behalf even if they are busy. It takes a minute or less. It's rude not to acknowledge a gift and nobody is too important or too busy to be bothered.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:46 pm
Ask the friend if she delivered and made it clear that the gift was from you and not from her. If she did, let it go and don't send a gift next time. If she didn't, let it go and don't use her as a courier next time. The staff may have thought the gift was from her and thanked her on the spot.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:07 pm
Why not send a text, I sent you a gift. I wanted to make sure you received it. Hope it's useful. That gives an opening for them to tell you how much they love it or pretend they love it and how much they are enjoying it or looking forward to use it.
Judge people favorably. Maybe they got too many gifts and were too overwhelmed. Maybe they lost track of who gave what.....

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:19 pm
If you sent it with a friend then the doctor got it. I have worked in a doctors office for years, I’m telling you that doctors don’t want to be texting their patients and are not necessarily going to be thinking they need to thank a patient for a thank you gift. The whole point of a thank you gift is not to require a thank you note.

I agree it would be nice but it doesn’t mean the doctor doesn’t appreciate your gift or will never thank you or acknowledge you . There is no reason to think your friend forget the gift. I don’t think you need to do anything at this point

tichellady

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 8:20 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Too busy to say thank you? No. They have secretaries who can make a quick call or send a quick text on their behalf even if they are busy. It takes a minute or less. It's rude not to acknowledge a gift and nobody is too important or too busy to be bothered.

Not everyone wants to send their patients a text message. Very few things in a medical practice take one minute. Yes this would be nice but one shouldn’t send a thank you gift expecting a thank you note
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics