Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How concerned do we need to be for covid part #2?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

fleetwood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:22 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Whoever is super concerned can get a booster....there is a big surplus of vaccines.

There are no boosters. They are new vaccines

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:46 pm
My biggest concern is the government imposing things on us again. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but it's always a worry in the back of my mind. Iyh in about a year, we won't have that worry for awhile.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:47 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I make a really basic schnitzel in the air fryer if you have an air fryer ill give you the recipe which isnt much of a recipe.

Thanks! I already bake my schnitzel and it's still such a patchke for me! 🙈

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 6:59 pm
amother Almond wrote:
5 people very close to me have had covid in the past month. Hubby,very close coworker,remote co worker and spouse,and a relative. It's been going around but luckily hasn't landed anyone I know in the hospital.

Pretty sure I just had it too. A week of high fevers, headaches, lethargy, body aches, and a bit of coughing. I didn't test though. I'm amazed that people still do. What's the point? What are people doing differently if positive? Don't you just treat the symptoms regardless?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:01 pm
My family just had it. Some kids needed medication, they had awful coughs. My kids were home from school for a couple of days to a week.

I took 1 kid to Urgent care and others to the dr. No one mentioned Covid.

Side note: my family never got Covid. I think that "they" will call every virus a "variation of Covid" just to scare people.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:13 pm
[quote="amother Lightyellow"]Pretty sure I just had it too. A week of high fevers, headaches, lethargy, body aches, and a bit of coughing. I didn't test though. I'm amazed that people still do. What's the point? What are people doing differently if positive? Don't you just treat the symptoms regardless?[/quote

My hubby for example is over 50.. my coworker and wife is over 70... Plus in ill health. They all took paxlovid... testing was critical to get the correct treatment.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
My family just had it. Some kids needed medication, they had awful coughs. My kids were home from school for a couple of days to a week.

I took 1 kid to Urgent care and others to the dr. No one mentioned Covid.

Side note: my family never got Covid. I think that "they" will call every virus a "variation of Covid" just to scare people.

How do you know if you never test?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:19 pm
Sorry folks. While most people aren't getting very sick, my husblanded in the hospital and is there still for over a week. I'm sick like a dog for almost 3 weeks and can't even visit him.

Most of my kids had it like a bad flu, one had it mild, one had it pretty bad but is OK now

fleetwood

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:20 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Sorry folks. While most people aren't getting very sick, my husblanded in the hospital and is there still for over a week. I'm sick like a dog for almost 3 weeks and can't even visit him.

Most of my kids had it like a bad flu, one had it mild, one had it pretty bad but is OK now

Oh no..I hope everyone feels better soon. Refuah shelaima

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:21 pm
[quote="amother Almond"]
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Pretty sure I just had it too. A week of high fevers, headaches, lethargy, body aches, and a bit of coughing. I didn't test though. I'm amazed that people still do. What's the point? What are people doing differently if positive? Don't you just treat the symptoms regardless?[/quote

My hubby for example is over 50.. my coworker and wife is over 70... Plus in ill health. They all took paxlovid... testing was critical to get the correct treatment.

I guess that makes sense if it's the only way to get an antiviral. I just dosed myself with ivermectin and it seemed to help a lot.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:23 pm
We had it around my house too. It was very weird for me. One day everything I ate and drank tasted awful- I was so weak, I didn’t think much of it, then the next day everything tasted ultra spicy- even foods and drinks that were naturally sweet- applesauce, jelly donuts, apple cider, grape juice.. it was over Chanukah. I couldn’t smell and taste anything.. I had shivers.. I thought it was stress related.. then I just mentioned this to a relative.. we were near each other and she said the time I had it, she couldn’t stop sneezing and couldn’t taste anything but didn’t think much of it either.. but now come to think of it we both had it.. bh we are both better now, but it was weird

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 1:49 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
Part 2? I feel like we’re up to part billion by now at least.
I think it’s the same s any other seasonal illness. You know if you’re high risk. Follow your doctor’s orders. Use common sense and don’t knowingly get other people sick with anything, especially if they’re high risk.

I would definitely agree with this. I think for most people they would treat it like a bad cold or whatever nasty bug is going around that year, and just drink fluids, rest, and maybe take some tylenol. I would hope they would also stay away from others so as not to get anyone else sick (same as they hopefully would if they had strep or the flu).

On the other hand - for people with medical issues, such as a relative of mine, it can be a whole other thing. In his case, though, strep or the flu can also cause issues. So, yes, if you have reason to think that viruses or illness in general will cause you more difficulties, talk to your doctor(s) about your particular situation. Other than that? I haven't heard anything horrible about this one vs others (other than it seems to be one of those that spreads faster) so hopefully most people will be ok.

On that note - and I have posted this kvetch/request before - PLEASE don't mock those of us who have to take Covid seriously due to our own or our loved ones medical situations! We are just as sick of Covid as you are, and would love to just brush it off as many of you can, but we still have to be careful about it. We are not feeling this way or acting this way because we are "sheep", want to take every new shot known to man, have a certain political outlook, or are paranoid, etc. We are just following the advice of our doctors or our loved ones doctors.

May we all live a long and healthy life!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:51 am
No concerned, as I am unvaccinated. COVID is mostly hitting only the vaccinated, with your chances of getting covid increasing the more boosters you have taken.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:54 am
I guess that makes sense if it's the only way to get an antiviral. I just dosed myself with ivermectin and it seemed to help a lot.
Where did you get the ivermectin?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:03 am
My kids have it now. They feel awful, like the flu. But BH nothing in the danger league. I think everyone has some degree of immunity at this point so the impact is lessened

Highstrung

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:05 am
Pretty sure I just had it too. A week of high fevers, headaches, lethargy, body aches, and a bit of coughing. I didn't test though. I'm amazed that people still do. What's the point? What are people doing differently if positive? Don't you just treat the symptoms regardless?

Don’t expose ourselves to others outside of our home . We test immediately if we have a runny nose or feel off so as not to give it to someone else . But I do have lots of tests at home and it’s easy and doesn’t cost me anything to do it . Otherwise we probably would not have tested and would have not known what it was. The truth is at first I thought it was strep because it started with fever , achiness in my back, stomach issues and very sore throat. But then symptoms changed .
This was my third time getting Covid . The first time was the worst . The second time was very mild and this time it knocked me out but after 6 days I was back to regular and didn’t have lingering symptoms.

GLUE

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:51 am
Correct me if I am wrong,

But does not every year when it gets cold people get sick?

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 12:03 pm
Dh and I both had/have this. We didn’t test. From how bad it hit us, I assume it’s flu. 3-4 days of fever, then days of congestion, cough, headache. Then days of trying to get back on my feet. I missed 5 days of work and have been working from home since then. Dh is 70 and I’m in my 60s-and it’s been brutal.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 12:16 pm
Yes, Covid is still a thing. I had a cousin who tragically died from it this summer and he was in his 40s. I think that taking precautions is still wise. Covid went through my household a few weeks ago and fortunately no one was very sick, but we received new vaccines in September. I did not test positive at all. There are additional things going around like rsv, which can affect children and adults. It has some similar symptoms to Covid.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
No concerned, as I am unvaccinated. COVID is mostly hitting only the vaccinated, with your chances of getting covid increasing the more boosters you have taken.

You couldn't be more wrong....
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics