Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Fertility doctor Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:59 am
I've had PCOS for years with regular periods and conceived my first two children with no issues within 3 months of going off BC. (I have all the other symptoms of PCOS). After both babies I gained more weight, and it's been 7 months of TTC and I still can't get pregnant.

Edit: right now I'm just looking for a recommendation for a fertility doctor that specializes in PCOS in Leumit.

Still not pregnant.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:05 am
If you mention which kupa you are in, maybe someone in the know could help you.

But also know that 7 months is not a long time

And if you conceived that quickly and easily, whh are you convinced you have pcos?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:17 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
If you mention which kupa you are in, maybe someone in the know could help you.

But also know that 7 months is not a long time

And if you conceived that quickly and easily, whh are you convinced you have pcos?

Leumit. But I'd go private if I need to possibly.
I definitely have Pcos. I have had my hormone levels tested, I carry all my weight by my stomach, my acne is by my chin and lower cheeks which is a sign it's gormonally caused, I have unwanted hair all over. I have like every other symptom.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 3:48 pm
Bump

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:17 pm
I think you need a good nutritionist, not a doctor.

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Leumit. But I'd go private if I need to possibly.
I definitely have Pcos. I have had my hormone levels tested, I carry all my weight by my stomach, my acne is by my chin and lower cheeks which is a sign it's gormonally caused, I have unwanted hair all over. I have like every other symptom.

In the leumit merkaz labriut haisha in Sarei yisrael there is a doctor who specializes in this. Call them and ask them who they recommend.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:11 pm
Hi there!
I’m on maccabi but went private.
Definitely call tahareinu (you can Google their number). They recommended Proff Reubinoff in Hadassah.
A lot depends if you are desperate to conceive now or if you are ok with waiting a couple months.
If you’re ok waiting, it’s probably better to meet with a nutritionist that specializes in pcos to try to get things going naturally.
Either way, I would recommend now scheduling an appointment for a reproductive endocrinologist in 3 months. There can be very long wait times for good doctors. If you get pregnant in the meantime you can always cancel.
Good luck and feel free to ask other questions

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:49 am
How do you make an appointment with Prof Rubenoff?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 6:03 am
I was told to go to Dr. Herman Weiss in Beit Shemesh. Quite a trip for me, but he is very experienced and professional. He takes Meuhedet and sees patients privately as well.
I have only been seeing him for 2 months or so, but we're hoping for good results soon iyh! Maybe there are other posters who can chime in with their experiences...

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:50 am
amother Lavender wrote:
How do you make an appointment with Prof Rubenoff?

Here’s his office number: 972-2-6778726
The secretary doesn’t really speak English but he does.
I don’t know which kupot he is associated with. I was able to get an appointment through maccabi but the first one was 3+months away so I went private for the initial appointment and monitoring and then when through maccabi for treatments.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:28 am
Prof Rubinoff also works in some of the kupot cholim, so check on leumit. If not it is Sharap through the hospital (expensive).

However, they often tell you to see a nutritionist. So I would do that. I am not on leumit, so I don't have a specific recommendation.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:57 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Hi there!
I’m on maccabi but went private.
Definitely call tahareinu (you can Google their number). They recommended Proff Reubinoff in Hadassah.
A lot depends if you are desperate to conceive now or if you are ok with waiting a couple months.
If you’re ok waiting, it’s probably better to meet with a nutritionist that specializes in pcos to try to get things going naturally.
Either way, I would recommend now scheduling an appointment for a reproductive endocrinologist in 3 months. There can be very long wait times for good doctors. If you get pregnant in the meantime you can always cancel.
Good luck and feel free to ask other questions

Hi. I just called them. Anyone know a nutritionist? I didn't know a reproductive enxroconologist was a thing. I'll try to see what it's called in Hebrew.

My kupat didn't have an option to make an appointment for this. Where did you go?

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:01 am
The acne and hirsutism is a symptom of excess androgens, one of the often overlooked causes of pcos. Excess androgens can prevent ovulation and conception. Vitex, saw palmetto, dim and white peony are excellent supplements that help lower androgens.

If blood sugar is an issue for you, look into berberine.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:31 am
can you post links to these supplements and where to buy in israel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:01 am
amother Maroon wrote:
I was told to go to Dr. Herman Weiss in Beit Shemesh. Quite a trip for me, but he is very experienced and professional. He takes Meuhedet and sees patients privately as well.
I have only been seeing him for 2 months or so, but we're hoping for good results soon iyh! Maybe there are other posters who can chime in with their experiences...

He seems to only do texting support now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:02 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Here’s his office number: 972-2-6778726
The secretary doesn’t really speak English but he does.
I don’t know which kupot he is associated with. I was able to get an appointment through maccabi but the first one was 3+months away so I went private for the initial appointment and monitoring and then when through maccabi for treatments.

No one answers. Can't get through to him at all. Anyone have a working number?

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:04 am
amother Maroon wrote:
can you post links to these supplements and where to buy in israel?
Try iherb

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:06 am
amother OP wrote:
He seems to only do texting support now

Really? I saw him in person twice...Can you call Meuhedet and ask for an appt? you might need to wait but I think its worth it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:12 am
amother Maroon wrote:
Really? I saw him in person twice...Can you call Meuhedet and ask for an appt? you might need to wait but I think its worth it

I'm not in meuchedet

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:58 am
Bump
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions