Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What's a great daily planner?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:07 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Tabs on the sides offered by our printer are too clunky and too expensive. I have about 20 Post-It tabs on my Pocket edition Balabusta planner. These: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

Here are the post-It tabs on my Pocket size Balebusta:

Ohh… yeah that makes total sense

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:09 pm
Flower25 wrote:
what is the balebusta daily organizer? and what does it include?

Thanks for asking! The Balabusta's Daily Organizer is a weekly and monthly Jewish planner. There are many helpful organizational pages in the back, with things like weekly routine, candlelighting times for 29 cities, 3 week menus, and more.

I am not an organized person by nature — more of a creative type — but I need to be on top of numerous details and scheduling in my real job as a residential and kitchen designer. I find that a paper planner (not a smartphone calendar) helps keep me focused, and I would be utterly lost without it. So much so that I have an AirTag attached to mine!

Here is a link to the website, although most people buy the Balabusta in Jewish bookstores: https://balabusta.us/index.html

And here is this week's spread — a pic of my own well-used gift Pocket Edition Balabusta's Daily Organizer:

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:34 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Why is printing the DD better for you? Do you mean because it’s cheaper that way?

There is definitely a huge price differential in printing it myself; but also, I get a full letter-sized page --- which works for me.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:38 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Does everyone use a planner? I never even thought to use one.....what do you use it for? I honestly don't know anyone in real life who uses one...

"Planner" may be just a fancy name for "calendar with lots of room for writing stuff." How else do you keep track of appointments, holidays, birthdays, school events, guests coming? I've been using some form of planner since elementray school whenI got a free little appointment calendar from the local card shop. Back then it was "spelling test, birthday party, go to Shonny's house" not "dentist, podiatrist, flu shot, taxes due" but the idea is the same. And when you're a mom and have to keep track of your kids' appointments and trips and whatnot as well as your own---how do you do it without a planner of some sort?

STovah

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:38 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
HARDCOVER 2024 Planner: (November... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH.....ss_tl

I ordered this from Amazon in November when I needed a new planner it works perfect for me just enough space by each day the cover is hard and perfect size
For me and not overly
Priced

I’ve been buying this one to the last couple of years. It’s a perfect size for me and priced well, even goes on sale.

eezee

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 4:42 am
MAJOR fan of the happy planner!
It is pricey, but I rely on it so much that it's worth it to me.
I get the dashboard layout, classic size but there are so many options for size and layout

Growing

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:46 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Design wise the script font isn't so classy
Well... it's a lot better than than old one! I changed the script font and logo about 5 years ago.

A suede cover would add great appeal - do a choice of three colors
But how much are people willing to pay for that? Not enough to cover the additional cost, I think.

The ISBN and the advertising on the back should be on a cardboard wrapper or other packaging so it doesnt remain when people start using it
The ISBN has to stay. As far as the ad... yes, I hear you.

Affiliation to the Address Phone - meaning to say I should remember - is this my shaitel macher? My colleague? someone I met in the doc office?
I like that idea. Will consider...

Thanks for listening
Points well taken

juggling

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 5:55 am
amother Blue wrote:
"Planner" may be just a fancy name for "calendar with lots of room for writing stuff." How else do you keep track of appointments, holidays, birthdays, school events, guests coming? I've been using some form of planner since elementray school whenI got a free little appointment calendar from the local card shop. Back then it was "spelling test, birthday party, go to Shonny's house" not "dentist, podiatrist, flu shot, taxes due" but the idea is the same. And when you're a mom and have to keep track of your kids' appointments and trips and whatnot as well as your own---how do you do it without a planner of some sort?

Google calendar works great for all of that. And there are additional features that make it a better choice for me.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 6:38 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
I agree with you, which is why a relative helped me create my own beginning with Sunday. If you're interested in printing it out and binding your own I can show you.

Can you share more information about this?

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:30 am
eezee wrote:
MAJOR fan of the happy planner!
It is pricey, but I rely on it so much that it's worth it to me.
I get the dashboard layout, classic size but there are so many options for size and layout

What is the happy planner?
I am always on the lookout for better options.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:50 am
amother Blue wrote:

I use my Google calendar for doctor/dentist appts I make way in advance.....like a few months out. Otherwise ....I just remember. My calendar has something on it once every few months, definitely not weekly or daily or wtvr.

eezee

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:39 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
What is the happy planner?
I am always on the lookout for better options.

https://thehappyplanner.com

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:41 am
amother Crocus wrote:
I use my Google calendar for doctor/dentist appts I make way in advance.....like a few months out. Otherwise ....I just remember. My calendar has something on it once every few months, definitely not weekly or daily or wtvr.

I struggle with organization, staying on top of basic daily tasks, life, whatever. I need to write out basic things I need to do every day and then cross it off.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 2:19 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Design wise the script font isn't so classy
Well... it's a lot better than than old one! I changed the script font and logo about 5 years ago.

A suede cover would add great appeal - do a choice of three colors
But how much are people willing to pay for that? Not enough to cover the additional cost, I think.

The ISBN and the advertising on the back should be on a cardboard wrapper or other packaging so it doesnt remain when people start using it
The ISBN has to stay. As far as the ad... yes, I hear you.

Affiliation to the Address Phone - meaning to say I should remember - is this my shaitel macher? My colleague? someone I met in the doc office?

I like that idea. Will consider...

Wellllllll.... that was 5 years ago. Maybe its time for an update?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Wellllllll.... that was 5 years ago. Maybe its time for an update?

I agree it can use an update to a more modern, clean font and graphics overall. But I think that "welllllll" is condescending and I'd be hurt if I were the one that was directed to.

gingybread

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Can you share more information about this?

I'd like to hear more about this as well. I am working on designing my own planner in Canva and then printing it myself, but I'm curious about the binding part.

ChumHen

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:26 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I co-produce and do the layout for the The Balabusta's Daily Organizer. We are in our 16th year, and for a planner that doesn't print tens of thousands of copies, the Balabusta is very well priced. I know we cannot please everyone, but would love to hear your suggestions. Please pm me.

I love the fact that it caters to our frum calendar year, and begins with Sunday!
However, there are 2 different formats id prefer- either a weekly appnt with hourly slots, or the week spread out on 2 facing pages, with enough space on each day for more writing.
Oh, and please print in 81/2 x 11 size too.

Thx so so much!

Eta being that I use the planner for both home and work schedule, the spread of the week on 2 facing pages, with wider blocks and lines on each day would be a big improvement for me. The secular planner out there witj this layout all begin their week with Monday, which I find so annoying.

Last edited by ChumHen on Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:37 am
eezee wrote:
https://thehappyplanner.com

Thank you for the link. Is it a Jewish Calendar?
What do you like most about it?

ChumHen

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:39 am
amother Mauve wrote:
Look into the Mindful Moments planner.

https://www.meaningfulmomentsc.....nners

Thank you for pointing these out! I didn't know about these.

ChumHen

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:43 am
zaq wrote:
I loved using something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG.....ss_tl

It was from a different company and eventually became too pricey for me. This one is much cheaper. I'd write appointments, birthdays, and so on on the monthly pages and details like travel directions, flight numbers, contact names and phone numbers, and so on, on the weekly pages. It had a plastic pocket, handy for loose papers, business cards or plane/train tickets, back before everything went on a smartphone.

DayMinder, also called At-a-Glance, has a weekly planner G210-00, with no monthly pages and no monthly tabs. Once or twice I had that one, printed out monthly pages and taped them in. They've also gotten pretty pricey, though.

Since these are all civil calendars, you have to write in all the yomtovim, licht benchen times and so on yourself.

I recommend going to an office supply store and seeing in the flesh what they have.

This looks good, except, I hate the week starting on Monday! I find that annoying when planning my week!
If Balabuste can design theirs like this it would be so appreciated!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics