Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What's a great daily planner?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:30 am
Looking for a new daily planner and I'm getting overwhelmed with all the options.

I'd love a Jewish one but they're very expensive. The balabustas planner is not esthetically pleasing to me and I don't love the layout.

The "not Jewish" planners are set up with Sunday as the last day of the week, I find that annoying but I guess that's my only option of I don't want the very expensive Jewish ones....

Any recommendations would be appreciated πŸ™‚

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 2:10 pm
following

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 2:33 pm
I co-produce and do the layout for the The Balabusta's Daily Organizer. We are in our 16th year, and for a planner that doesn't print tens of thousands of copies, the Balabusta is very well priced. I know we cannot please everyone, but would love to hear your suggestions. Please pm me.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:48 pm
Many brands of planners have options starting on Sunday or Monday. Shop around.

One planner I liked is passion planner. I ended up doing better with a modified bullet journal. But I've been out of it for a while and now use a hodgepodge of phone calendar and post it notes...

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for a new daily planner and I'm getting overwhelmed with all the options.

I'd love a Jewish one but they're very expensive. The balabustas planner is not esthetically pleasing to me and I don't love the layout.

The "not Jewish" planners are set up with Sunday as the last day of the week, I find that annoying but I guess that's my only option of I don't want the very expensive Jewish ones....

Any recommendations would be appreciated πŸ™‚

I agree with you, which is why a relative helped me create my own beginning with Sunday. If you're interested in printing it out and binding your own I can show you.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:07 pm
Okay --- here goes.
I was once like you.
At one point a few years ago, I bit the bullet and bought a few.
I loved loved loved the driven day planners but even they were not perfect (the covers would not last a full year of heavy wear and tear, etc)
And I agree the Balabuste was not perfect for me (I love you, Rubber Ducky, and I can pm my suggestions at some point)

However....

Driven day now sells the download for you to print yourself. For 20$ Sooooo, if you have access to Printing and don't mind a bit of patchkerai, then this is the way to go.

I printed double sided, bought a 3 ring binder, hole-punched the lot, and have a great agenda for me.

I still have suggestions for them to tweak certain things, but this works for me.

I would love to hear what works for other people!

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:08 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I co-produce and do the layout for the The Balabusta's Daily Organizer. We are in our 16th year, and for a planner that doesn't print tens of thousands of copies, the Balabusta is very well priced. I know we cannot please everyone, but would love to hear your suggestions. Please pm me.

Perhaps if you could make it more eye-pleasing and modern it would be a more popular choice. I do love the idea of a Jewish planner but am not a fan of the design and would like something that makes me feel good when I look at it.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:09 pm
Why is printing the DD better for you? Do you mean because it’s cheaper that way?

Last edited by Bleemee on Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:13 pm
Look into the Mindful Moments planner.

https://www.meaningfulmomentsc.....nners

Tova

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:41 pm
I am a huge fan of the Balebusta planner (hate the name but love the actual planner). I love that it's 16 months. I love the monthly as well as weekly views. I love the notes page opposite each weekly spread. It's pretty near perfect for me.

smss

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:03 pm
Another big fan of the Baalebusta Planner! Love that it's spiral bound and paperback, I find the hardback ones annoying to write in. The layout works very well for me, I use just about everything except the grocery list (I use that section for random notes).

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:15 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I would appreciate tabs on the side for each month. So that I can find the monthly calendar

smss

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
I would appreciate tabs on the side for each month. So that I can find the monthly calendar

I use the Post-It tabs. I have two colors. I put one on the current month and the other on the current week.

Growing

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:35 pm
The Balabusta Daily Organizer is pretty awesome

and I'm a planner addict

Design wise the script font isn't so classy

A suede cover would add great appeal - do a choice of three colors

The ISBN and the advertising on the back should be on a cardboard wrapper or other packaging so it doesnt remain when people start using it

Add
Affiliation to the Address Phone - meaning to say I should remember - is this my shaitel macher? My colleague? someone I met in the doc office?

Thanks for creating/selling this!

Flower25

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:50 pm
what is the balebusta daily organizer? and what does it include?

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:56 pm
I loved using something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG.....ss_tl

It was from a different company and eventually became too pricey for me. This one is much cheaper. I'd write appointments, birthdays, and so on on the monthly pages and details like travel directions, flight numbers, contact names and phone numbers, and so on, on the weekly pages. It had a plastic pocket, handy for loose papers, business cards or plane/train tickets, back before everything went on a smartphone.

DayMinder, also called At-a-Glance, has a weekly planner G210-00, with no monthly pages and no monthly tabs. Once or twice I had that one, printed out monthly pages and taped them in. They've also gotten pretty pricey, though.

Since these are all civil calendars, you have to write in all the yomtovim, licht benchen times and so on yourself.

I recommend going to an office supply store and seeing in the flesh what they have.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:57 pm
HARDCOVER 2024 Planner: (November... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH.....ss_tl

I ordered this from Amazon in November when I needed a new planner it works perfect for me just enough space by each day the cover is hard and perfect size
For me and not overly
Priced

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Azalea wrote:

Tabs on the sides offered by our printer are too clunky and too expensive. I have about 20 Post-It tabs on my Pocket edition Balabusta planner. These: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

Here are the post-It tabs on my Pocket size Balebusta:

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:30 pm
Growing wrote:
The Balabusta Daily Organizer is pretty awesome

and I'm a planner addict

[See below.]

Thanks for creating/selling this!

Design wise the script font isn't so classy
Well... it's a lot better than than old one! I changed the script font and logo about 5 years ago.

A suede cover would add great appeal - do a choice of three colors
But how much are people willing to pay for that? Not enough to cover the additional cost, I think.

The ISBN and the advertising on the back should be on a cardboard wrapper or other packaging so it doesnt remain when people start using it
The ISBN has to stay. As far as the ad... yes, I hear you.

Affiliation to the Address Phone - meaning to say I should remember - is this my shaitel macher? My colleague? someone I met in the doc office?
I like that idea. Will consider...

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:40 pm
Does everyone use a planner? I never even thought to use one.....what do you use it for? I honestly don't know anyone in real life who uses one...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics