Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Zara sweater - is there an imitation?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:13 pm
I know I asked this a while ago but it's not turning up in search. DD very much wants the black basic sweater with gold buttons on the sleeve that EVERYONE has. It's $40 at Zara and I've been watching like a hawk, it has not gone on sale (some other colors did so I think this is just excluded and never coming.) Is there a lookalike I could possibly find for less $$$ preferably before school pictures next month?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:16 pm
There are imitations that are not so much less than the zara one and don't look the same in pics so not worthwhile.

Shape of crew sweater not same
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....D_BwE

This is a t-shirt not a sweater.
https://www.nyandcompany.com/p.....black

My dd didn't want to buy one she borrowed for class picture.

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:27 pm
What size is she and where do you live?
She can borrow mine I have to check the size I live in Lakewood

writinggirl

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:29 pm
Search by photo on Aliexpress. They have many/most Zara items.

Shadow

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:31 pm
I have a size large I hardly wore and no longer need
Feel free to reach out

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 4:39 pm
Can someone link to the Zara sweater so I can see?

dani'smommy

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:01 pm
I think I know which one you're talking about, and Primark had something similar a while back. Not sure if it's still available.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:07 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Can someone link to the Zara sweater so I can see?

Sweater with round neck and long sleeves and false golden buttons. Rib trim. In plain black.

https://www.zara.com/us/en/bas.....obile

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:17 pm
Thanks so much. I'm not in Lakewood and she's probably size small. Does anyone have an ali link? I can never find anything there

Highstrung

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:20 pm
I don’t know how to copy links from Ali but I found this :

I found this . I had trouble copying the link but I think I figured it out .

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $6.53 7% Off | 2024 women thick sweater pullovers khaki casual autumn winter button o-neck chic sweater female slim knit top soft jumper tops
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLLTqOM

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:26 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
There are imitations that are not so much less than the zara one and don't look the same in pics so not worthwhile.

Shape of crew sweater not same
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....D_BwE

This is a t-shirt not a sweater.
https://www.nyandcompany.com/p.....black

My dd didn't want to buy one she borrowed for class picture.

DD insists that borrowing would be a major social faux pas. I don't really get it, when I was a teenager borrowing clothes was so normal you almost didn't know whose was whose. And her friends bh seem very chill and not judgy.

I'd just spend the $40 except that this isn't the only thing she wants and it's getting a bit much.

URHL

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:33 pm
I don't know if this makes enough of a difference to go through the hassle, but on the CAD website its 45.99 which is 35 USD...

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:37 pm
By us, borrowing this sweater for pictures is normal. So you're not crazy, even for these days

I don't know what else she wants, but IME, this sweater is a worthwhile buy. It lasts for awhile and is a really useful basic, is a good work sweater, etc.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:54 pm
seeker wrote:
DD insists that borrowing would be a major social faux pas. I don't really get it, when I was a teenager borrowing clothes was so normal you almost didn't know whose was whose. And her friends bh seem very chill and not judgy.

I'd just spend the $40 except that this isn't the only thing she wants and it's getting a bit much.

I think you should buy it. If she feels this way about borrowing, then she'll really hate that the Ali sweater is ribbed and has snaps vs the Zara one.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:55 pm
Does every single BY girl wear this sweater for pictures?

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:08 pm
She hasn't finished growth spurting yet so I'm not sure about long lasting but I hear the message loud n clear...

I don't know if all BY type schools are like this but for mine, I believe DD when she says everyone wears it. I mean maybe everyone is 98% rather than 100% but I believe she would be honest about the difference between popular and required.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 6:13 pm
seeker wrote:
She hasn't finished growth spurting yet so I'm not sure about long lasting but I hear the message loud n clear...

I don't know if all BY type schools are like this but for mine, I believe DD when she says everyone wears it. I mean maybe everyone is 98% rather than 100% but I believe she would be honest about the difference between popular and required.

She's not kidding. In my school, the girls are allowed to wear sweaters other than the school sweater on Rosh Chodesh and the first time I was shocked. I said "so cute, youre matching!" to 2 girls. and then I looked around the class. sheesh.
I want to buy one just to wear on Rosh Chodesh Adar.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:35 pm
Lol! It seems the girls here have more originality on Rosh Chodesh. Some more than others. But everyone HAS this sweater, at least.

I don't even understand how, since we're still in Jr high and a lot of the kids are quite small but the sweaters only come in adult sizes. And the design is on the sleeve so you can't just roll or hem it up. But Everyone has it.

DD knows my bs meter is strong so when she uses words like "everyone" and "need" I take it seriously.

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:50 am
So just to confirm, this sweater never goes on sale so I need to just bite my tongue and buy it for $40, yes? Plus shipping, I guess, I don't see any Zara stores near me on the map.

DD clarified that the reason she "can't" borrow is because this sweater is something everyone is "supposed" to HAVE. It's not an objection to borrowing in general but if you ask to borrow the Zara sweater then that means you don't have one which in itself is socially off.

I'm still not so into this line of reasoning but it sounds like I need to surrender and pray that if I order it quickly it comes in time for pictures and fits (I still don't see how everyone can have one when the smallest it comes in is adult small.)

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:51 am
I really need a petite. Do they not sell petite? How are the sleeves not hanging off the smaller 8th graders?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics