Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Face moisturizer for shabbos, non pore clogging but also
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:22 pm
moisturizes for dry skin? what do you use on shabbos? and good for sensitive skin

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 11:30 pm
As far as I know, you are only allowed to use an oil type of thing. Otherwise you are not allowed to smear. Ask your rav

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:07 am
I thought we can’t use moisturizer on shabbos. I use Mario badescu rose water spray. I’m sure it does nothing but I like how it feels on my face.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 6:50 am
bump

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 7:15 am
You can't rub anything into your face in shabbos.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 7:19 am
You can’t use moisturizer on shabbos, that’s pretty basic
However if you are having pain or uncomfortable because of excessive dry skin, you are probably dehydrated. So drink drink drink

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 7:51 am
I need to moisturize twice a day, especially after showering. My skin gets uncomfortable otherwise. There are so many moisturizers that people are happy with, you might want to test a few a see what you like.

I moisturize well before shabbos and not on shabbos. I feel less on a need because I'm not washing my face.

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 7:58 am
The Magen Av holds that moisturizer is OK to use. If you are sefardi and your family holds by the Magen Av, then it's totally fine. It's not as black and white as posters are making it seem, however given imamother demographics, the likelihood that you fit this profile is rather low.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:30 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I need to moisturize twice a day, especially after showering. My skin gets uncomfortable otherwise. There are so many moisturizers that people are happy with, you might want to test a few a see what you like.

I moisturize well before shabbos and not on shabbos. I feel less on a need because I'm not washing my face.

I used to be like this as well. I still do moisturize twice a day, but not because my face is uncomfortable. Turns out I was perpetually very dehydrated.
I worked on drinking a TON and don’t have that issue anymore

hodeez

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:33 am
Reads to me like what kind of car do u drive on shabbat

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:37 am
I have a bottle of jojoba oil (thank you Frantic Frumie!) that I keep for extreme dryness on Shabbos. DH says it's ok to use, but ask your own LOR.

I agree with the poster that you need to drink more. Also if you have forced air heat in your home, it will dry your skin out more, and you need to drink more. Start your day off with drinking a water bottle, and go from there! Your skin reflects what's going on inside of you.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 8:38 am
Use before Shabbat your very hydrating moisturizer.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:13 am
7th day shine sells an oil for this

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 9:16 am
Aveeno has a spray moisturiser.
I have dry skin and I find it very helpful. It's made for the body not the face but I use it on my face and like it a lot. You may spray but don't rub it in afterwards as far as I'm aware.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:57 am
The company that sells shabbos makeup (7th day shine) has something called luminosity that you can use on shabbos and is hydrating

I never tried it personally though, I wear a lot of skincare/makeup during the week and like to have one day when my skin can breathe

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:11 pm
I use a face oil on shabbos or a very runny hydrating serum or both and also have a hydrating facial mist.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:15 pm
I use this on shabbos but check with you LOR:

https://theordinary.com/en-us/......html

mommyhood

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:21 pm
My Rav said I could water down lotion or use a spray lotion on Shabbos. Spray is great for hands or the rest of the body but I don’t think I’ve seen one that’s specifically for the face.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 12:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
moisturizes for dry skin? what do you use on shabbos? and good for sensitive skin

https://www.amazon.com/Roche-P.....psc=1

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:17 am
I use a lot of moisturizer before shabbos but when I wash my face on shabbos morning my face becomes dry again. Does anyone have a recommendation for a very moisturizing moisturizer? Also thanks for the suggestions, just ordered the sprays too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics