Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Decluttering event Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:25 am
Sponsored by NYC Dept of Sanitation

Sunday, January 7th - Borough Park
Boro Park YM-YWHA
4912 14th Ave, Borough Park, Brooklyn
Enter on 14th Ave
Event time: 12pm - 3pm
Donations accepted: 11am - 2pm
Indoor event | Face coverings are encouraged

These events are usually on Saturdays but because it's BP, it's on Sunday. There hasn't been a Sunday event near me in almost 20 years.

You can bring in any kind of usable merchandise from old AM-only radios and your Auntie Griselda's tacky shepherdess lamp to dishes to picture frames to paintings to that hideous skirt you made in Home Ec to the leftover fabric from the curtains you never did make. If you're a hoarder, stay away unless you bring a chaperone who will make sure you leave empty-handed, because you're likely to find something you will want to bring home. You don't have to donate to take stuff. Finders keepers and no money changes hands.

I am so jealous!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:57 am
First time I wish I lived in town! I have some old non-flatscreen televisions to donate and no charities take them anymore.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Dec 21 2023, 11:58 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
First time I wish I lived in town! I have some old non-flatscreen televisions to donate and no charities take them anymore.
why not throw them out?

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:53 pm
https://www.grownyc.org/swap

GrowNYC's Stop 'N' Swaps® are our free Community Reuse events that invite the public to take home something new-to-you or add items to the swap for others! You don’t have to bring something to take something! There is no limit to how much you can bring or take home but please leave enough for your neighbors!

Swappable Items:
Clean, reusable, portable items such as clothing, housewares, electronics, books, and toys.

Unacceptable Items:
Furniture, large items, expired or open food, unsealed personal care products, child car seats, strollers, medicine, dirty or ripped clothing, fabric scraps, incomplete toys and games, encyclopedias, textbooks, non-working electronics, tube TVs, magazines, or sharp objects.

For everyone's safety and enjoyment, we ask all attendees to abide by the following Code of Conduct and Expected Behavior at Stop 'N' Swap®. For additional information, please see our FAQ section at the bottom of this page.

UPCOMING SWAPS
Sunday, January 7 - Borough Park
Boro Park YM-YWHA
4912 14th Avenue, Borough Park, Brooklyn
12pm-3pm (flyer)
Donations accepted: 11am-2pm

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sponsored by NYC Dept of Sanitation

Sunday, January 7th - Borough Park
Boro Park YM-YWHA
4912 14th Ave, Borough Park, Brooklyn
Enter on 14th Ave
Event time: 12pm - 3pm
Donations accepted: 11am - 2pm

These events are usually on Saturdays but because it's BP, it's on Sunday. There hasn't been a Sunday event near me in almost 20 years.

You can bring in any kind of usable merchandise from old AM-only radios and your Auntie Griselda's tacky shepherdess lamp to dishes to picture frames to paintings to that hideous skirt you made in Home Ec to the leftover fabric from the curtains you never did make. If you're a hoarder, stay away unless you bring a chaperone who will make sure you leave empty-handed, because you're likely to find something you will want to bring home. You don't have to donate to take stuff. Finders keepers and no money changes hands.

I am so jealous!

Is it 2020 again?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries