Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Highchair
1  2  Next

cupcake123

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:45 am
In the market for a highchair. Sell me on the one you love Very Happy

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:03 am
Ikea highchair.
For my first dc, I bought an expensive highchair that was padded, reclining, height adjustable, tray adjustable, with all the mod cons. It was a pain to clean, with bits of food going in all the crevices and really hard to get them out. I didn't really use any of the other features. It had a big footprint-it did have a small fold, but it wasn't practical to keep folding it up.
I gave it away when dc had outgrown it.
I then bought the ikea highchair for my next child. It's relatively compact. It's super easy to clean and I love I can easily buy multiple trays to switch between milk and meat. I'm really happy with it and recommend it to everyone.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:36 pm
The only thing is ikea is not so great for the little 5-6 month old babies right?

smss

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:37 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
The only thing is ikea is not so great for the little 5-6 month old babies right?

It doesn't recline, but the current thinking is that babies are not ready for solids until they're sitting independently.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:47 pm
cupcake123 wrote:

I use rolled up towels on either side. Go offer support.

busy mommy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:56 pm
ikea sells a support cusion with a washable cover.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/a.....9748/
https://ikea.com/us/en/p/antil.....6932/

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:59 pm
Cosco from walmart. Extremely underrated.

It’s cheap, great quality, foldable, lightweight, easy to clean, comes with a footrest and comfortable for all age babies.

Hate hate the ikea high chair. It’s hard and sterile and ugly. I don’t know why every single frum home has it.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:01 pm
Another vote for the IKEA antilop! They make an inflatable cushion for support and you can buy a footrest on Amazon/etsy

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:32 pm
I love the Chicco pocket snack. Bought it 6 years ago for my oldest and used it for all 3 and all my playgroup kids. still looks great.
Doesnt take anymore space than the chair its mountained on and its easy remove/store away for when not in use. Baby uses it either with table it comes with or next to our dining room or kitchen table during family meals. once they are toddlers its justed used as a booster seat so they can reach the table at a normal level.
its also great for travel if going to parents or vacation places that dont have a hairchair. used it from 6 month for all my kids.
not all chair mountained highchairs are good, I bought another one for the playgroup so 2 children can eat at the same time and I HATE it!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 2:56 pm
Graco Slim Snacker High Chair, Ultra Compact High Chair, Whisk https://a.co/d/8uGAKyD

I just wish I can adjust the height DC can sit by the table otherwise this is perfect very easy to clean.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:00 pm
I have posted about this high chair in other high chair threads and I really love it.

Graco Blossom 6 in 1 Convertible High Chair, Redmond https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C.....ss_tl

It is nice and sturdy, supportive for even smaller, floppier babies, easy to clean, really impressive quality. It has 3 trays, top one can go in the dishwasher. It reclines at 3 levels. Wheels around really nicely. The seat cover is pleather and can be machine washed/ hung dry.

scruffy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:06 pm
Primo cozy tot

Super easy to clean, doesn't take up a ton of space, and folds as well.

Only con that the footrest only has two heights and my baby's feet weren't supported when we started using it at 6 months.

Otherwise, I would say this is a perfect high chair.

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:13 pm
I bought a fisher price booster seat as a temporary solution when I wasn't sure what high chair I wanted, and I'm still on it with my second since we love it so much!
It's everything I want in a highchair in a tiny portable, easy to clean package! It's perfect for little babies and big kids. It has adjustable heights so even a small baby can reach the chair in front for a footrest, and folds if you want to travel with it. I can bring it to the bath to clean if it gets gross. The tray is big enough for anything I've needed, but small enough to wash in my sink. I paid under $40 on sale and I've looked at traditional high chairs since I've then, but nothing has ever tempted me up replace it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:36 pm
Boon flair, very heavy and not the easiest to move around, tiny tray but so comfy and super easy to clean. Nearly 11 years old, been in constant use BH and still in perfect working order. Cosmetic scratches have gotten harder to keep clean but overall it’s fine.

If buying again, I would probably go with ikea and baby insert or trip trap.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:13 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Boon flair, very heavy and not the easiest to move around, tiny tray but so comfy and super easy to clean. Nearly 11 years old, been in constant use BH and still in perfect working order. Cosmetic scratches have gotten harder to keep clean but overall it’s fine.

If buying again, I would probably go with ikea and baby insert or trip trap.

I think the flair has been recalled.

I didnt love the ikea one my son was able to pick up the tray many times over but my sisters all love it.. do not get anything with crevices or material. Dishwasher safe trays are a plus.. I’m looking into the bugaboo giraffe as my next

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:23 pm
Keekaroo! I've recommended it on another thread before.
I've been using it for 10 years now.
The way the cushion is, fast babies are too far to climb out of it even if not strapped. (My kids who were little haudinis weren't able to her out of that.)
It can also be adjusted for a booster or a regular chair. It's pretty, it's sturdy, it's super ready to clean. Has basically one crevice that might not just wipe off, it's were the seat meats the side panels and it's under the cushion so no need to wash often.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:36 pm
scruffy wrote:
Primo cozy tot

Super easy to clean, doesn't take up a ton of space, and folds as well.

Only con that the footrest only has two heights and my baby's feet weren't supported when we started using it at 6 months.

Otherwise, I would say this is a perfect high chair.

I second the primo! It’s great have it for 5 years!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:50 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I think the flair has been recalled.

I didnt love the ikea one my son was able to pick up the tray many times over but my sisters all love it.. do not get anything with crevices or material. Dishwasher safe trays are a plus.. I’m looking into the bugaboo giraffe as my next

Oh my, I did not know this. Thank you so much for pointing that out- I have just sent a message to Tomy, let’s see what happens.

Arep

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:55 pm
No one else struggles in removing the tray of the Ikea one? I already broke the plastic little piece that gets pushed into the seat on more than one tray...

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:59 pm
https://www.piccolinobaby.com/.....-grey

I got this for my current baby and I’m liking it more than my previous high chairs. It checks off all my boxes:

Small footprint
Lightweight - can move around easily
Easy to clean
Aesthetically pleasing
Has 2 trays - I like this for milchigs/fleishigs
Reclines
Decent price

My experience is only with an infant and not a toddler yet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics