Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kids shoes that are indestructible
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:27 am
I have a boy and a girl who are in preschool and they destroy their shoes. I really don’t want to spend more than $50 a pair, unless I know that it will last me six months minimum and that’s never happened. I do need them to have decent quality, so I don’t use cheap Chinese brands but I’ll do the medium range ones like vans, toms, converse, etc. They can’t be lace up bc they don’t know how to do it and they’re teachers make comments of how often my kid asks them to tie their shoes. These need to be combination sneaker and shoe, something they can wear to school and be active in and be normal enough to wear all around (not shabbos).
They are both on their second or third pair since school started.
Help!!

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:35 am
Firstly I found converse and toms last my kids maybe a month. And they aren't majorly hard on their shoes.

In the summer, Adidas worked great for them and lasted most or all of the season.

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:36 am
Geox

amother
Fern

If you can find something from target cat and Jack has a 1 year warranty.

amother
OP

I can’t seem to find Adidas that aren’t lace up or white (worse color for a little kid)

lfab

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:37 am
I find the adidas sneakers hold up pretty well. Have almost always lasted my kids at least 6 months (except a couple of times when a home child outgrew them before that). Smaller sizes have plenty with velcro.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:37 am
amother Fern wrote:
If you can find something from target cat and Jack has a 1 year warranty.

I don’t consider that decent quality for a little growing active foot…maybe I’m wrong

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:38 am
Following...

My 12 yo son is really active (plays ball games every recess) and really kills his shoes.
His geox shoes lasted 6 weeks. I glued it with shoe goo and it lasted another week!

I just got him Nike, will see...

#Happymom

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:39 am
amother OP wrote:
I can’t seem to find Adidas that aren’t lace up or white (worse color for a little kid)

White in the summer is absolutely cute and fine. Baby wipes can do magic ✨✨

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:43 am
Dirt is the least of it. They scuff it, food splatters, etc. It’s not cleanable.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:44 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t consider that decent quality for a little growing active foot…maybe I’m wrong

You want it to last more than a year for a growing kid? It won't even fit them for that long.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:45 am
6 months?? At preschool age my kids feet grow at a faster age and they need shoes every 3 months . Your kids wear the same size for 6 months?

Fwiw I buy Naturino

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:46 am
Not in terms of how long it lasts (although yes that too). I mean for the foot itself. Decent arch support etc. When feet are growing I think it’s important for them to have decent support.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:47 am
amother OP wrote:

https://www.target.com/p/toddl.....43455

(And cheap enough that you can get shabbos too)

Or geox from Nordstrom - they back their products for a reasonable amount of time

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/ki.....r=410

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:

On Amazon there are black Velcro adidas for little kids

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:56 am
Stride rite. Last a long time and were indestructible for my kids. My youngest outgrew his before it showed wear.
I just got a children's place shoe that seems to be holding up well for my toddler. And he is a little monkey- climbing, jungle gym, dirt...

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:02 pm
Sorry, I laughed at the impossibility of your title lol!
My boys (older than preschool) will only wear Nike sneakers and they are really hard on their shoes. They don’t last a whole year, I prob need to replace them about 3 times a year minimum, but it is what it is

For my toddlers, I love london kids lace ups. Yes, they’re very expensive, but they hold up extremely well

lfab

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/prod.....r=100

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=100

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=112

A few velcro styles. But yeah they're all white. Lots of kids wearing white even in the winter nowadays. We use the Mr. Clean magic erasers and that keeps then decent enough.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:04 pm
Adidas definitely makes non laces, just depends what you're looking for. However I find Adidas shoes last a maximum of 4-6 months for my son. My latest favorite brand for durability and support is Merrell. Bought one son Merrell Trail Chaser hiking shoe and FINALLY they lasted over 6 months, almost 10 months so far. I just bought a 2nd pair for another son. They also come in wide sizes, which is much appreciated. However, if you only like trendy, they're not super stylish (my middle schooler refuses to try them).
ETA: the Merrells were between $45-50, which is a bargain for lasting that long. My middle schooler insists on $70 Nikes which last about 3-5 months. Rolling Eyes

scintilla

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:05 pm
Agree with stride rite and naturino, also heard good things about ten little
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics