Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
What kind of conversation topics do you enjoy?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ittsamother

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:12 pm
I like to talk about good books I've been reading (way more rare these days), and other interesting bits of information I've come across online. I like discussing parenting, how delicious my kids are, and ways to care for them better (emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually...)
I like discussing hobbies, such as board games, crafts, reading.
I love psychology!
And I definitely like talking about myself šŸ˜†

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I love discussing human nature and behavior. Psychology and self awareness. Therapy.

Kids, and parenting.

I love information and intellectual discussion too, but will always harp on the emotional and human aspects of the topic-- which will probably drive a real intellectual up the wall Wink

Weirdly, also design of any sort.

We should talk more often then.
I like when a discussion involves hard core facts combined with human behavior and emotion.
Question, what do your friends like to talk about?

bebrave

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:17 pm
Parenting
Therapy
Family politics

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:29 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Nothing, at the moment. I'd much rather quiet than have to engage in conversation. TMI

Oooh, I'm like that so much of the time. Completely relate.

I'm talking about the rare moments when I peek my head out the shell to say Hi Profile

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:30 pm
Dysfunction in my workplace and my kids' school.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:35 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Different ideologies and ways of different sects in Judaism
Family dinamics
Manners and etiquette
As someone who hosts a lot, I have a bunch of experience with guests.
Personal challenges and growth
Chassidus

Can we be friends? Hi

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:38 pm
C sections, vbacs, trigger for me : ttc

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:40 pm
Personality typing and color palettes.
Social media.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
We should talk more often then.
I like when a discussion involves hard core facts combined with human behavior and emotion.
Question, what do your friends like to talk about?

I hardly have any sadly. I definitely suffer from attachment issues, and am in therapy for a few years.

I really crave friendship, and connection and conversation-- but it seems so much holds me back from sharing and revealing myself fully. I'm pretty good at jabbering mindlessly with the acquaintances and sisters/in laws that I do have, but it gets painful for me because I crave so much more.

Bh, my husband and I, though different; share a lot of common interests- which is a true blessing. So I get a lot there.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Different ideologies and ways of different sects in Judaism
Family dinamics
Manners and etiquette
As someone who hosts a lot, I have a bunch of experience with guests.
Personal challenges and growth
Chassidus

I use to be very into that ā€œ Different ideologies and ways of different sects in Judaismā€ until I met the heretics. Now, I stay far away from heretics. They donā€™t like frum people and I donā€™t like them either.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I hardly have any sadly. I definitely suffer from attachment issues, and am in therapy for a few years.

I really crave friendship, and connection and conversation-- but it seems so much holds me back from sharing and revealing myself fully. I'm pretty good at jabbering mindlessly with the acquaintances and sisters/in laws that I do have, but it gets painful for me because I crave so much more.

Bh, my husband and I, though different; share a lot of common interests- which is a true blessing. So I get a lot there.

We should definitely talk more often then Wink
I really get you.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:50 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Nothing, at the moment. I'd much rather quiet than have to engage in conversation. TMI

Same. Not only at this moment.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:51 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
We should definitely talk more often then Wink
I really get you.

Thanks, it feels comforting to be understood.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:55 pm
Anything science. Anything involving outer space. Anything involving history. Human psychology.

I donā€™t have a lot of likeminded friends. My brother is my intellectual buddy.

bgr8ful

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:15 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Anything science. Anything involving outer space. Anything involving history. Human psychology.

I donā€™t have a lot of likeminded friends. My brother is my intellectual buddy.

isnt outer space absolutely fascinating??!

I dont know too much in depth, dont have the attention span to learn the name of every star or whatever, but I love learning abt space. it really puts everything into perspective.
in high school I came across a short video about how large the world is, how every star is bigger than earth, how there are millions of galaxies with millions of stars in them, how much infinite SPACE all of that is. we cant even comprehend what it means.
I think it was the first time I felt true awe of Hashem.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:17 pm
bgr8ful wrote:
isnt outer space absolutely fascinating??!

I dont know too much in depth, dont have the attention span to learn the name of every star or whatever, but I love learning abt space. it really puts everything into perspective.
in high school I came across a short video about how large the world is, how every star is bigger than earth, how there are millions of galaxies with millions of stars in them, how much infinite SPACE all of that is. we cant even comprehend what it means.
I think it was the first time I felt true awe of Hashem.

Yes itā€™s fascinating and mesmerizing. It is also the cause of many existential crises.

bgr8ful

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Yes itā€™s fascinating and mesmerizing. It is also the cause of many existential crises.

really, why?

shud I start a s/o

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:24 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:

I like many many more topics. Iā€™m not bonded to those few.

My least bearable topics are: kids. Alternative medicine. Cleaning. Cars (lol dh can talk about cars a lot).

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:27 pm
bgr8ful wrote:
really, why?

shud I start a s/o

Because it makes you feel smaller than an ant, compared to the universe. You start to wonder if earth really matters. Itā€™s terrifying.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:30 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Because it makes you feel smaller than an ant, compared to the universe. You start to wonder if earth really matters. Itā€™s terrifying.

There are many many pesukim that tell us that he purpose of the entire creation and all it's intricacies are for yisroel.
Dosnt that make you feel special?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics