Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you enjoy the Seder?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:18 am
I find the seders really hard. I'm tired and exhausted and I don't want to sit on a chair for 5 hours. I can read a novel or shmooze but sitting at a table and just listening and reading the hagada and listening some more, to all the kids and dh divrei torah is challenging for me.
I feel guilty about this but it doesn't change anything.
am I the only one?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:20 am
The Seder is not my favorite night of the year. My husband does a great job entertaining the kids but o end up feeling like an afterthought

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:22 am
Nope I do not. iIt's long, boring and late. I'm forced to consume too much matzah and grape juice (even the minimum is a lot).
I do enjoy the rest of pesach though.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:24 am
I enjoy the seder only at home with only my immediate family. (DH and kids.)
We don't shlep it long & we make it very interesting and interactive.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:25 am
Nope I don't enjoy it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:25 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
Nope I do not. iIt's long, boring and late. I'm forced to consume too much matzah and grape juice (even the minimum is a lot).

exactly. and we have to do it twice!! it's tough. I don't want my family to chv catch on my feelings so I'm letting it out here in advance.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:26 am
My husband and kids have ADHD so our Seder must be quick and interactive. I enjoy it! Much more than my father’s Seder which is longer and more serious and boring. We’ve been making our own for many years. The last time we went to my parents it was a disaster because my kids were going nuts and my father was frustrated that they weren’t on his wavelength.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:28 am
I do it at home for the past 4 years, if anything I find it more boring. by my parents I can quietly chat with adult siblings, there's more to prepare and clean during.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:29 am
amother OP wrote:
I do it at home for the past 4 years, if anything I find it more boring. by my parents I can quietly chat with adult siblings, there's more to prepare and clean during.

My parents & in laws seder are so so long and drawn out, I cannot handle it and neither can the kids. Especially if we have a long walk home afterwards.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:29 am
Genuinely love it, but only because we make it ALL about the kids! We speed read through Maggid, then spend easily over an hour acting out all the plagues- EVERYONE is involved- I’m usually Pharoah😂

Did not enjoy it growing up bc it was just super long and boring to me… just schlepping everything

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:31 am
It's probably my favorite night(s!) of the year.
I feel like a queen, sitting at our table, and thank Hashem for all He has given us, whilst praying for that which I hope to still have.
Life for me isn't perfect, but I feel the seder is such a magical and auspicious time.
I am in a fortunate position that I have stability in areas where others may struggle, so I get that not everyone will feel the same way I do.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:33 am
I actually love it! We make it so much fun and the kids love it too. We have just our inner family and it's really nice.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:34 am
We all love it- inc the kids. It's actually not super gimmicky, but it's quick. Kids are allowed to read max 1 dvar Torah, rest for day meals. We encourage questions & whoever asks one that dh can't answer, gets $5. So the kids follow along & try to think.
Whoever answers his questions gets a piece of chocolate.
We don't shlep, we read, translate, sing & move on.
Usually we r in bed by 12:30, with a very full Seder & meal.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:35 am
amother Bone wrote:
My husband and kids have ADHD so our Seder must be quick and interactive. I enjoy it! Much more than my father’s Seder which is longer and more serious and boring. We’ve been making our own for many years. The last time we went to my parents it was a disaster because my kids were going nuts and my father was frustrated that they weren’t on his wavelength.

Yes to all of this!
I enjoyed it as a young child and started enjoying it again when we began making our own.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:51 am
I love it by my parents. My father runs the seder but we all add in, there is also lots of singing and its not shlepoed out at all

My inlaws it's boring, my fil runs through the hagaddah and nothing else...not inspiring or beautiful.

I can imagine my husband leading a beautiful seder one day IYH

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:53 am
no! I don’t get why we need 2 (chutz laretz) it’s just something that we have to get through , in my mind.

eta I can’t stand the food. I hate matzah and I certainly hate measuring matzah! my best pesach when was I was pregnant and sick and couldn’t eat the correct shiur but oh well.

I’ve resigned myself to not being a pesach person!

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:05 am
I enjoy the seder a lot on years when I don’t get there so exhausted I can’t enjoy anything.
I love looking around the table at everyone.
I love the first night when everything is sparkling and new and the taste of the matza feels special, but on years when I get into Pesach so tired I’m not enjoying, I enjoy having the second night to participate and enjoy all the good parts I hardly noticed through half closed eyes the first night.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:06 am
amother Dimgray wrote:

Same here!!

And I wish we didn’t have to do it twice in chu”l.

I do love the perushim on the more interesting parts of magid though (too bad it takes forever to get to those sections).

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:07 am
Love the Seder because we only have one!!!! It’s so much more enjoyable. Also it’s just me and dh , are kids are little so or they’re playing in the corner or falling asleep. We shmooze, we tell stories, sing, and connect.

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:08 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
no! I don’t get why we need 2 (chutz laretz) it’s just something that we have to get through , in my mind.

That’s the one thing I like about chutz laaretz. After all the work and preparation I like getting two nights out of it. I sometimes wonder after Mashiach arrives if I can negotiate my way to 2 sedarim. It seems like a let down to do all that work and get only one day of chag.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics