Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotel in Miami
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:53 pm
Any suggestions for a hotel in Miami for 3 days for a couple? Preferably within walking distance of minyanim. I’m having a hard time narrowing the options I see online so I’m looking for other’s ideas and experiences.

Thanks!

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 5:59 pm
We love grand beach surfside location

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:07 pm
We only go to Grand Beach Surfside. Best location in Miami. Shul at the corner, many restaurants around the corner, it's on the beach.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:10 pm
There are two options for Grand Beach Surfside, one says West in the listing. Are they both as good. It’s pretty pricy but we can do it. What about the one listed as Miami Beach (in the 4800 area of Collins)?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
There are two options for Grand Beach Surfside, one says West in the listing. Are they both as good. It’s pretty pricy but we can do it. What about the one listed as Miami Beach (in the 4800 area of Collins)?

The West one is across the street, not on the beach. Miami Beach is on the beach, but not near (walking distance) shul or restaurants.
Surfside is on the beach, near shul & restaurants.

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:15 pm
Altair

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:16 pm
Grand Beach Bay Harbour is also right near minyan and food on Harding. It’s not on the beach though, it’s on the bay not sure if that matters to you…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:23 pm
According to godaven.com, the one in Miami Beach is not far from shuls.

Looks like a good option, anyone have any other suggestions.

And to those who have posted so far, this is incredibly helpful.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:25 pm
What about the Altair?

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:30 pm
Grand beach surfside-not west-but on the beach is the best location in terms if minyan and food. Large shul across the street and one block walk is a street with about 20 restaurants. Plus it’s directly on the beach. No car needed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:32 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
What about the Altair?

Looks great, but pricey.
I have a couple of weeks so keep the suggestions coming.
We’re not picky about beach views. I care about cleanliness and my husband needs his minyan.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:57 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
What about the Altair?

Altair is pricy and the rooms are tiny. Way smaller than a standard hotel room. There's no moving space.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:37 pm
I can’t believe how many People prefer to stay in a hotel full Of Jews. Doesn’t it feel like boro park with palm trees?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Pink wrote:
I can’t believe how many People prefer to stay in a hotel full Of Jews. Doesn’t it feel like boro park with palm trees?

I don’t need the hotel full of Jews, just cleanliness and minyan. If anyone knows of any chain motels in the area that meet those criteria, I’m all ears. I did see something called the Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach which I’m told is near shuls, anyone familiar with it?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
The West one is across the street, not on the beach. Miami Beach is on the beach, but not near (walking distance) shul or restaurants.

Gonna chime in here- we stay in the area of the grand beach Miami on Collins. It’s walking distance to plenty of minyanim as all the buildings have one there. There’s also a shul abt a 10 min walk that’s right near the breakfast cafe (tasty) and kosher dunkin. There’s also jus by Julie near there and a couple of delish fleishig places…

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:43 pm
OP, I was in grand beach miami I personally like it better it was empty of jews. it is walking distance to shul, and food just 15 minute walk.
Daish shul is like 15/18 minute walk and lots restaurants as well

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Pink wrote:

I'm not allergic to jews.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
OP, I was in grand beach miami I personally like it better it was empty of jews. it is walking distance to shul, and food just 15 minute walk.
Daish shul is like 15/18 minute walk and lots restaurants as well

15/18 minute walk each way is a long walk, but people like it.
During busy season, Grand Beach Miami, and all other Grand Beach hotels, are full of jews.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Marigold wrote:

There is a shul two doors down from grand beach Miami to the left and three doors down to the right there is another shul. There are about ten shuls in that area lol

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jan 01 2024, 3:12 pm
I see grand beach is a fortune anyone stayed Ina hotel that was decent but around $200 a night? And near kosher food
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics